Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen party ideas

Options
  • 03-06-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am planning a hen party in our home town for all cousins and aunts of the bride. Food, few drinks and bit of music. Was wondering would anybody know of any small things we could include / do to brighting up the evening and make if fun and memorial for the bride. I'm limited as I have differant generations attending. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fRlEnd

Well first off, you can never have enough hens! So get on to all your local farmers and round up as many hens as you can. There are also many normal folk today who have hens for eggs, so you could try them too. Maybe shoot some emails to local egg companies.

You should be aiming for AT LEAST 500 hens in my opinion. i’m sure you want everyone, hens included, to have a good time; so the more the merrier.

Location-wise I’d say your best bet would be a barn. You wouldn’t have to worry about space or the mess that could be left. You could try get a function room somewhere but they mightn’t be too comfortable with the poultry aspect of it all. Having said that, if you were to get a function room, you could decorate it with bales of hay and some straw. It’d be pretty funny if you were to put cages in there too, just to scare the chickens a little. But that mightn’t be so funny and may set a bad tone for the evening.

As for food, chickens are omnivores, so they’ll eat anything really. I suppose if you got some grain or seeds it might suffice. Being a party though, maybe you might want to go for bugs, maybe berries or wheat. Something light, yet summery.

Drinks, I suspect the humans will probably drink alcohol or wine, so get enough of that anyway. As for the chickens, I’d say water would be more than adequate. Maybe you could add the tiniest amount of white wine to their supply for the evening. I MEAN THE TINIEST!!! Literally just a drop to each dispenser. Any more than that and they WILL get sick. Trust me!

Anyway fair play to you for planning this. I’m sure you’ll do a great job and everything will work out fine. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fRlEnd

Come on Ladies!!

I'm sure some of you can help this well-meaning girl out much better than I did!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

missy2011 wrote: »
    I am planning a hen party in our home town for all cousins and aunts of the bride. Food, few drinks and bit of music. Was wondering would anybody know of any small things we could include / do to brighting up the evening and make if fun and memorial for the bride. I'm limited as I have differant generations attending. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

There are lots of threads on this exact theme already, you may get some good ideas from them if you search this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MissCharmin

Where is it? I do loads of classes and activites for hen parties??

Cocktail Making, Dance Classes, Bingo, Makeovers, Sex Classes etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

TBH, at a family do like this I reckon people will just want to chat and catch up.
    What you could get is a photo book of the bride growing up with her relatives and get people to write messages in it or add captions to the pics.
    Or you could play the Mr & Mrs quiz game (loads of question ideas online).
    It would be adorable if you got the wedding pics of her grandmother/aunts/older cousins ona slideshow so everybody could reminisce and it'll get the bride excited about her day too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

A short quiz about the bride to be, for example what's her favourite food ?
    Who was her teenage celebrity crush ?

Anagrams of words to do with weddings deirb= bride ggindew = wedding.

Advertisement