Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does Holles St booking apt take?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering how long the Holles St semi-private booking appointments usually take? I'm booked in for 8.45am, and debating whether I'll need to tell work before hand or not. Am I likely to be in there for hours?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering how long the Holles St semi-private booking appointments usually take? I'm booked in for 8.45am, and debating whether I'll need to tell work before hand or not. Am I likely to be in there for hours?

Thanks!

I found Holles St to be super-efficient with every appointment I had there. This was with public care. You're pretty much in and out.

The booking appointment took maybe 40 minutes. 15 minutes of running through questions with a midwife, 5 minutes for bloods, 5 minutes with consultant, including a mini-scan (I got a scan at every appointment.) The rest of the time was waiting, but really, 15 minutes waiting around isn't too bad!

Having said that, if I were in your position, I'd tell work that I had a medical appointment and may possibly be delayed. No need to tell them what it's for!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Semi private should take less then an hour.
    It is pretty good.

In the public area where we had to book in for referral to the midwives clinic it took over 3 1/2 hours ,it is crazy in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hopefully as you're in early you'll be in and out, however, if there are any emergencies, etc, you can expect to wait. I'd budget waiting at least an hour and the booking itself taking about 30 mins.

I would tell your employer you have a doctor's appt in the morning and they are running a couple tests, just say you shouldn't be later than 10:30 and ring if you go any later than that.

Advertisement