Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo de-scaling

Options
  • 03-06-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Hi all, is it possible to buy Tassimo de-scaling tablets in a shop in Ireland? The only place that seems to stock them is the website, but I'd rather be able to pick them up immediately if possible.

As an alternative, has anyone used vinegar to de-scale? It expressly says not to in the manual, but there are numerous sites online where people seem to be doing it (a ratio of a tablespoon of vinegar to half a litre of water seems to be the recommended dose).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Coffeeangel in South Anne St stock them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Hope its ok to resurrect an old thread...

Anyone seen tassimo tablets around anywhere lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

blastman wrote: »
    As an alternative, has anyone used vinegar to de-scale? It expressly says not to in the manual, but there are numerous sites online where people seem to be doing it (a ratio of a tablespoon of vinegar to half a litre of water seems to be the recommended dose).

Don't ever do this! It leeches into the plastic and you may never lose the taste. You should really only be using lactic acid based products in machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭ratracer

vidapura wrote: »
    Hope its ok to resurrect an old thread...

Anyone seen tassimo tablets around anywhere lately?

I’ve been using Lidl’s own brand W5 descaling tablets on my Tassimo for about as long as this thread has been open! They do the job perfectly, and for a fraction of the price as Tassimo’s own brand tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭threetrees

Buy a tub of citric acid in the chemist shop. It'll last ages and is very cheap. Google the quantity of water and citric acid.

• Advertisement

ratracer wrote: »
    I’ve been using Lidl’s own brand W5 descaling tablets on my Tassimo for about as long as this thread has been open! They do the job perfectly, and for a fraction of the price as Tassimo’s own brand tabs.

Really? Lidl have those? Never noticed..
    Thanks I'll definitely have a look...

Oh I see they have similar in Tesco..

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250479407

Unreal... thats €1.75 for 3.. where as Tassimo are scamming us for €9.95 for 4 !!!
    (ohh AND €3.99 for delivery...)

Thanks so much for your help...

Got the ones in Tesco.
    They contain lactic acid.

For what its worth the Tassimo ones contain maleic acid, sulphamidic acid, and citric acid.

I don't know enough to say if I'd be missin out with those...

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the back of the lidl box?
    (can't see em online)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Get the Lidl ones. Do not ever DIY. Speaking from experience here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,977 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

blastman wrote: »
    Hi all, is it possible to buy Tassimo de-scaling tablets in a shop in Ireland? The only place that seems to stock them is the website, but I'd rather be able to pick them up immediately if possible.

Not in a Tassimo, but I've used it to descale an inexpensive Lidl brand espresso machine for 3 years.

I now use distilled water so never have to even think about descaling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

I have always used the kettle descalers ... not sure of brand put it’s a liquid in a yellow bottle. Just pore the bottle into a half tank and run the cleaning program. Keep an eye on tank as it will need to topped up. I will run a second clean to be sure it completely rinsed out. Lately I have been using a Britta filter in the water tank.

Advertisement