Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gravity tank

Options
  • 03-06-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

What r my options if I wish to move away from a gravity fed tank. I will be running the shower, hotwater and toilets from this system. I am putting in a rain water collection. The attic where I wish to put the new gravity tank is ver small and I don't think it would accommodate it. The existing gravity tank I will be removing as I will be renovating that area. So do I have any other options other than a gravity fed tank that can have both mains water (which has poor pressure) and rain water pumped from collection tank.
    Thanks for looking and any help u may offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Your options with no gravity tank are very limited. As you have very bad mains water pressure, you'll basically need to pump everything, create a pressurised system. At the very least you'll need to put a pump on your mains fed shower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Maybe look at a combi cylinder c/w a shower pump if you don't have any room in the attic, these are typically installed in apartments so they may suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Giving it holly

What kind of rain water collection system are you putting in? I have fitted a simple rain water collection system that i made up myself last week. It is working away fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

What kind of rain water collection system are you putting in? I have fitted a simple rain water collection system that i made up myself last week. It is working away fine.

I have to put in a new septic tank, so I was going to buy an additional 4000 litre tank and put a submersible pump into it and do a set up that way.

Advertisement