Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Roscommon?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey all. I am home for the Summer - I stay in Carlow during college term. I'm from Castlerea, Co. Roscommon. At 21, I have tried for years to get a job in Castlerea or surrounding towns by leaving in CVs but I've never gotten anywhere with it.

Does anyone know... which businesses/what jobs are currently available in Roscommon? I've kind of figured out that because Roscommon is quite a small, rural county for the most part, many jobs are not even advertised and are internal or gotten through connections. The amount of times I've heard of people getting jobs places that have never advertised/told visiting outsiders that there "are no jobs".

What businesses are likely to recruit during the Summer period? I know it's unlikely getting a job in Roscommon but I cannot afford to stay in Carlow.

My only work experience really is 6 months experience working in a fast food restaurant. Which I have only just left.

Thank you, all!

PS I would be willing to travel to other towns in Ros county!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

mrblah wrote: »
    Hey all. I am home for the Summer - I stay in Carlow during college term. I'm from Castlerea, Co. Roscommon. At 21, I have tried for years to get a job in Castlerea or surrounding towns by leaving in CVs but I've never gotten anywhere with it.

Does anyone know... which businesses/what jobs are currently available in Roscommon? I've kind of figured out that because Roscommon is quite a small, rural county for the most part, many jobs are not even advertised and are internal or gotten through connections. The amount of times I've heard of people getting jobs places that have never advertised/told visiting outsiders that there "are no jobs".

What businesses are likely to recruit during the Summer period? I know it's unlikely getting a job in Roscommon but I cannot afford to stay in Carlow.

My only work experience really is 6 months experience working in a fast food restaurant. Which I have only just left.

Thank you, all!

PS I would be willing to travel to other towns in Ros county!

Best bet is the tourism sector. Along the Shannon, Carrick etc.

Advertisement