Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value push lawnmower?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to get a push lawn mower for my garden as the current one has cut its last blade of grass! I thought I saw one in Lidl recently but can't find a trace of it online. Any recommendations?

Comments

niallo24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking to get a push lawn mower for my garden as the current one has cut its last blade of grass! I thought I saw one in Lidl recently but can't find a trace of it online. Any recommendations?

How big is your lawn? width by length roughly. is it flat or are there slopes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Hi all,

Aldi and Lidl have electric and push-mowers (don't think they do petrol engine) but I haven't been in Aldi for a few weeks.

The cylinder push-mower that both chains stock is also available in Woodies at a reasonable price. I prefer this type, as I let the clippings fly and maintenance is simple and inexpensive.

If it's a lawn over 100 sq. mts, I suggest a petrol-powered mower with drive.
    Avoid Ryobi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Thanks all. Not sure on the exact dimensions of my lawn but its big enough. Think a decent sized suburban garden. No slopes though. Having said that I like push mowers as always worried about going over the cable of the electric ones! Might check Lidl/Aldi out.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Aldi and Lidl have electric and push-mowers (don't think they do petrol engine) but I haven't been in Aldi for a few weeks.

The cylinder push-mower that both chains stock is also available in Woodies at a reasonable price. I prefer this type, as I let the clippings fly and maintenance is simple and inexpensive.

If it's a lawn over 100 sq. mts, I suggest a petrol-powered mower with drive.
    Avoid Ryobi

Out of interest why do you say avoid ryobi? I've had my ryobi self drive for the passed 5 years. Never serviced and running as good as the day I bought it. Cuts half an acre of grass twice a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ksexton82

I see the Co-Op stores are / were doing a deal on a "Sanli" lawnmower, with a "Sanli" strimmers thrown in for free, now, I'm assuming the strimmers isn't top of the range (as why else would they throw it in with a special offer lawnmower?), but any experience of using either?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Out of interest anyone bought one of these before or know anything about them?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-19th-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/essential-lawnmower-1/

Out of interest why do you say avoid ryobi? I've had my ryobi self drive for the passed 5 years. Never serviced and running as good as the day I bought it. Cuts half an acre of grass twice a week
    Sorry about the late reply...I used some Ryobi equipment before and didn't get a year out of them.
    Out of interest anyone bought one of these before or know anything about them?

Never used one but a 3 yr warranty is hard to beat for a 50 euro machine.
    If you mind it, it should last.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

i have mine two years and have never had a problem,
    have used a ryobi strimmer a few times and couldnt fault it

vinnie13 wrote: »
    i have mine two years and have never had a problem,
    have used a ryobi strimmer a few times and couldnt fault it

Is it a straight-shaft strimmer? I bought a bent-shaft one and the gears wore down after about 7 hours of work. Would have to send it to NI to get it repaired, since no mechanic around here will touch Ryobi unless it's a very basic problem.

Is it a straight-shaft strimmer? I bought a bent-shaft one and the gears wore down after about 7 hours of work. Would have to send it to NI to get it repaired, since no mechanic around here will touch Ryobi unless it's a very basic problem.

It's a bent shaft one about 6/7 years old,never gave a minutes trouble but it has a easy life does the same few bits on the banks mower can't do every 2weeks.hours are very high but easy work

• Advertisement

It's a bent shaft one about 6/7 years old,never gave a minutes trouble but it has a easy life does the same few bits on the banks mower can't do every 2weeks.hours are very high but easy work

Advertisement