Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom or unexplained ticking

Options
  • 03-06-2014 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

It sounds too loud too be a watch, and too fast, but not very fast, Sometimes it seems to be coming from my headset sitting next to me, other times it sounds like it's coming from the tv, right now it sounds like it's coming from my window or window sill! Every night, randomly. Starting and stoping at random times, every night, months and months, I don't notice it too much when my computer is on, due to the loudness of it. But as soon as I turn it off and the room is quiet, tick tick tick.
    Also every time I go to try to investigate it, it stops, which is very annoying. I only seem to hear it when I'm sitting on my bed doing nothing. As soon as I move an ear in the direction it's coming from, or move in that direction, it stops. Again. And like clock work (pardon the pun, it was too delicious) it starts again!!! I think I'm going crazy, I've almost contributed everything as it's source at this stage! Tick tick tick!

tick-tock-tick-tock-aj-collyer.jpg

I have no clocks, no watches, or no pendulums in my room! There is nothing in here that could possibly account for this extremely annoying sound. Starting and stopping, randomly ticking. I feel like David Berkowitz slowly being turned insane by the sound of his neighbours dog! Maybe I've already gone insane, and this phantom ticking is all in my head! Either way it's annoying as hell...but seems to have stopped now..for the moment. I remember as a kid hearing ticking in my old bedroom, but it went away, but now I'm being plagued on a nightly basis for a year or more...I've tried recording it it to no avail. I am at a loss for a logical explanation as I have explored every theory...I would have happily thought it was so,etching electrical until tonight when it as clearly coming from the window / window sill, behind me...I'm stumped!

Has anybody heard of such a thing???...chances are it's not paranormal...but it's also not normal lol. The randomness of it alone is the strangest thing. Sometimes it ticks faster than other times. I feel like I'm sharing a bedroom with a time bomb
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement