Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant and unsure of dates, what happens now?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Had my first baby just over 7 months ago and period hasn't returned yet (I breastfed exclusively for 5 months). We were being careful but about 3 weeks ago I started getting very nauseous and suffering with other symptoms I experienced in my first pregnancy. I ignored it at first as I knew we had been super careful but this week the symptoms kicked in twice as bad so I took a test (along with 8 or 9 others :o ) and was both shocked and delighted to discover that I am pregnant again :D I have a doctors appointment wednesday but I'm just wondering what the procedure will be? As my periods hadn't returned and I can't pinpoint when I might have conceived, I could be anywhere from 1-6 months gone.... Will the doctor refer m me for an immediate scan to determine the date or will I just go through the system as normal and get an appointment for 12 weeks time? I would be attending limerick maternity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Doc should refer you to Early Pregnancy Unit for an early dating scan.

Advertisement