Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Square in Tallaght

Options
  • 02-06-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Lads!

Just wondering how is The Square to live?
    I have seen different comments and I know that the worst areas of Tallaght are Jobstown, Fettercaim... but what about The Square in terms of safety?

I am looking different apartments that suit with my budget in this spot and I was around the Square and looks not to bad, as there is a gym, several shops, tesco, lidl, and the luas too.

Anyone can give more details?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I live near there - are you talking about some of the apartments around The Square - that's where you'd be living? It'll be fine 95% of the time but I have seen some antisocial goings on (usually just drunks and/or a couple of junkies in the middle of the day etc.)

There's a lot of traffic around there between the hospital and The Square itself and you will be close to some dodgy areas e.g. Jobstown as you mention. If that doesn't bother you, you should be fine most of the time, but don't be thinking it's Foxrock or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sergis

Thanks TwoShedsJackson! Yes, I mean these apartments around The Square.

Yep, you're right, heavy traffic around this area, maybe too noise during the night!

Right now I live in Stoneybatter and it is easy to see drunks and junkies during the day as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

My sister lived in one of the blocks where Supervalue is. Build quality was surprisingly good, unlike most other boom time apartments. It was warm and very little noise bleed.

But there was a fair bit of anti-social behavior, pissing/puking in the lifts, breaking into mailboxes, doors being kicked in(in other apartments for various reasons). It might just have been her block as they were isolated from each other. But in the end she decided to leave because of it and moved into a apartment near Kiltipper.

Advertisement