Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Usage changes with different Sim Cards

Options
  • 02-06-2014 9:29pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed an anomoly on my last 2 phones regarding memory usage..

Current phone is a Nexus 5 , previous phone was a Galaxy S3.

I travel to the US a lot on business and I have a US t-mobile sim that I use when I am there as it's way cheaper than paying roaming charges.. I have a 3 sim here.

What I've noticed though is that the memory usage on the phone is way lower using the T-Mobile sime than the 3 sim.. It was the same with the S3.

Battery life is also a good deal better when in US , though that's mostly down to signal strength/coverage etc. I suspect.

Currently , I use the Clean Master app for memory mgmt and the lowest Memory usage will get using the 3 Sim is around 30% - 32%. However when I have the t-mobile sim in memory usage will go down to ~20%.

It's the same phone , with the same apps installed/running , only the sim is different.

What's going on when using the 3 Sim that would be consuming more system memory?

Would the frequency of network polling etc. be a factor?

Advertisement