Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Twin room for 2 persons sharing in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 02-06-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Hello, myself and two friends have secured a flat for a ten month lease from September 2014 to June 2015. It is in a very central location on Pembroke Street Upper, which is just a ten minute walk from Trinity and with a bus stop around the corner for students of DCU/UCD/etc.

We are looking for two clean, friendly people who will share with us this coming year. We have one two bed room left so are looking for two people who don't mind sharing. The flat itself is a 3 bed flat with two of the rooms already occupied by the three of us. There is a large communal living area, a small kitchen, and a bathroom.

The rent is €420 per person per month for 10 months. A €420 deposit is to be paid also, and a €300 charge which covers internet, bins and laundry for the year. The only other charge is electricity which was only coming to €10-20 euro per month in this flat this year.

There are two guys and a girl staying so far, so we don't mind taking guys or girls. If you're a nice person, we'd love for you to live with us. We are three students studying science in Trinity College and we'll be in our second year.

If anyone is interested please do let me know. I'll be up here all this week if anyone wants to come and view the flat. :)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

€420 per person in a shared room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Yeah, why? It is quite expensive I'll admit, but it's in a great location and I've heard of worse.

Yeah, why? It is quite expensive I'll admit, but it's in a great location and I've heard of worse.

Making sure it wasn't a typo!! It's extremely expensive, my tenant pays that for a double room and their own bathroom.

I'm not denying that it's expensive but a shared room in Trinity Halls is roughly the same price, and they have the added expense of travel to and from college that I don't have. The landlord here has been nice to us this year and the place isn't too bad. It's also incredibly central.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 small investor

Who wouldnt be getting that rent? Its way too much, I dont care how central. My tenant pays 400 for gorgeous double room plus bathroom. Be nice to the landlord and leave! Id sooner sleep in Stephens green, its central and nice !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

Who wouldnt be getting that rent? Its way too much, I dont care how central. My tenant pays 400 for gorgeous double room plus bathroom. Be nice to the landlord and leave! Id sooner sleep in Stephens green, its central and nice !

Who are you and why aren't you offering these places for students? If you are, where can I find them?

The best I've seen for a twin room in a similar location is €130/week, €420/month seems quite modest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 small investor

420 for a room is modest ok but not for a twin room. Thats 840 to the landlord for 1 room ! I cant put my fone number here but If u give me ur number I promise Ill
    fone u. Tks

No one is to post their phone number - Thanks.

That's great for your tenant but what has that got to do with me? I'm not sure if people realise just how difficult it is for students looking for accommodation in Dublin at the moment. The fact that most of my peers, myself included consider €420 to be an alright price says it all. When I was house hunting last year most of the places were working out to be even more expensive, and anywhere that did look like it was better value usually had the caveat of "professionals only/no students" tacked on to the end of the advert.

Back on topic for anyone reading this thread regarding the room, we have four people now so we're still looking for one person, primarily someone that will share with another guy. If you're a girl though, we can potentially do some reshuffling of the rooms and free up the single room as we need to fill the space soon enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement