Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag for wedding

Options
  • 02-06-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I'm going to a wedding during the summer and am wondering what the latest in bags is. My dress is just above knee length in a skater style. Is a clutch bag most appropriate-if yes what kind of size- or should I go for a more traditional handbag with a top handle. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've seen alot of 'knuckle duster' bags about this year, I'm going to get one!
    http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/gb/alexandermcqueen/clutch_cod45231270ri.html (this is the most offensive one i could find; I'll probably go for something a bit more pared down :D )
    Other than that, I'd say the larger clutch bags are probably most popular at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've seen alot of 'knuckle duster' bags about this year, I'm going to get one!
    http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/gb/alexandermcqueen/clutch_cod45231270ri.html (this is the most offensive one i could find; I'll probably go for something a bit more pared down :D )
    Other than that, I'd say the larger clutch bags are probably most popular at the moment.

That's actually a really lovely bag but wasn't quite planning anything as expensive:) I'll keep my eyes on the high street for something a little bit cheaper. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Tk maxx have loads of clutch bags in atm in all different colours/designs and textures (including ones 'inspired by' McQ) - starting from 12.99 euro upwards. Might be work a look if you're after something affordable. (Here's a link to their UK website, it's not an inclusive list mind)

Otherwise, Brown Thomas have gorgeous DvF ones in store. Real investment pieces in bright summer colours (Pink, cream etc.)
    Again, if you want to purchase a designer, investment piece, Net-a-Porter is your only man!

Asos have some nice styles too.

I saw the McQueen knuckleduster ones in Harrods last year and they're stunning! I would say they're quite heavy IRL, so that might be something to note.

Hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

They actually have lovely bags in Dunnes, including a knuckle duster one that's just slightly less expensive than the McQueen one... but in fairness, it doesn't have a panther on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think I've also seen McQ knuckleduster copies in New Look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement