Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Alternative Movie Posters

Options
  • 02-06-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the mention Of Mondo Posters in the bad photoshop thread, does anyone have any alternative posters. Some of them are excellent. I have these for the "Before" trilogy by Sam Smyth:

BeforeSunrise-web.jpg

BeforeSunset-web.jpg

l_262385image01beforemidnightfinal.jpg

And this lovely "Cool Hand Luke" one:

lf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good idea for the thread.

I do love all of those old school style Captain America posters knocking around.

23568261bd5cb65afc0591bb8884002d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Original
    qwg77.jpg
    Remade for Japan
    7e25z.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I mentioned in the other thread that I loved the Olly Moss Star Wars posters, but didn't actually include them.

Here they are:

ollymossstarwars_thumb.JPG

ollymossempire_thumb.JPG

ollymossreturnofjedi_thumb.JPG

Also, there's a whole load of mad posters from Poland up on Google.

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

pacific_rim_yoji_shinkawa.jpg

Pacific Rim, done in the style of Metal Gear Solid, by the resident artist Yoji Shinkawa who has done all the drawings in that series since MGS1.

I also really like these ones, even though it's speculative at best

star-wars-episode-vii-poster-2.jpg

star-wars-episode-7-poster.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Nice thread!

Lately, I've found myself looking for foreign movie posters for mainstream movies (largely thanks to TWABM, and Last Exit to Nowhere on FB. Sometimes they appeal because they're artistically beautiful, sometimes because they're just batshit crazy! Check out the one for The Spy Who Loved Me from Ghana. Would love a large print of TESB one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Olly Moss did a thing with Empire magazine where he did a poster for a new release each month. My favourite was easily this one

hottubtimemachine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

the-raid-redemption-mondo-movie-poster.jpeg

tumblr_lwym2aFdPI1qju04oo2_1280-e1327081230581.jpg

drive-poster-james-white-395x600.jpg

t33YMzD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ That Usual Suspects one is fantastic, and a spoiler :pac:

therockbg.jpg

darkknight_bg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

krudler wrote: »
    ^ That Usual Suspects one is fantastic, and a spoiler :pac:

I was gonna say the same, the poster is good but would never have been used as it's a complete spoiler for the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Disappointing to Olly Moss' online store is empty. His work, and many of those in this thread, I'd love to pick up as prints for my house; never found standard posters that appealing as decoration for walls, but these more abstract, creative ones would be fantastic, if only they could be purchased full size...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

pixelburp wrote: »
    Disappointing to Olly Moss' online store is empty. His work, and many of those in this thread, I'd love to pick up as prints for my house; never found standard posters that appealing as decoration for walls, but these more abstract, creative ones would be fantastic, if only they could be purchased full size...

There are websites I'm sure where you can get high def images printed as posters or on canvas for ,

Some of the above would go very well on canvas. The Drive one, and the 2 star wars ones (C3P0 and Bobba Fett) if you cut out the movie titles. They'd look excellent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

pixelburp wrote: »

A lot of the posters are limited edition, runs of only 200 to 300, which is why they sell out pretty quick. Visit OMGPosters on a semi regular basis, as they collect the release information for various poster and art sites all around the internet.

Only hard part then is actually getting one. You do learn tricks to it though, for example, Mondo usually put their posters up at 16:00 Irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

tumblr_mqjij2hTkq1qg8i80o2_1280.jpg

Battlestar+Galactica+-+Galactica+by+Jason+Palmer.jpg

16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ Genuinely thought that was an eyepatched Karl Pilkington in the BSG poster for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread, but thought it would be the best fit. Came across this site yesterday who do metal posters. Some of the film ones are fantastic!

b93bd908b11fe1276c3ee833d7683418.jpg?w=640&h=640&v=3

2ce3a157a1216472cb3549c42b4c2168.jpg?w=640&h=640&v=3

324c716d1cd73a88d7179f68ae4d5152.jpg?w=640&h=640&v=3

5bd2f30a055eae555a11eea9e56301f2.jpg?w=640&h=640&v=3

Advertisement