Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking info about Special Educational Needs

Options
  • 02-06-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Apologies in advance if this is not in the right forum.

I'm a second-level teacher who will be teaching teenagers with special educational needs in a mainstream school from September next.

I intend to spend this summer educating myself in preparation for this major transition in my work.

As part of that, I'd like to talk to any adult who ever had special educational needs to educate me/inform me about issues concerning your special needs/disability.

I'd like to talk to adults with dyslexia/ADHD/autistic spectrum disorders/behavioural issues/language difficulties/Down Syndrome/any sort of impairment/disability/syndrome and I'd like to listen to what you want to say.

All information will be treated in confidence.

Please PM me for more details or feel free to share your insights here.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Orangepirate

For Down Syndrome look at the Down Syndrome International website for educational resources and courses. The UK online shop is fantastic and the national organization here can probably help you too. Ensuring SNA support and that the teenagers in question are included into daily life in the school are just as important as educational needs.

Advertisement