Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi Skirt for a Wedding?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just wondering on people's opinions on wearing a midi skirt to a black tie wedding.

I'm quite short so the skirt falls just above my ankle. My worry is that it may be too casual for a formal black tie wedding.

I'm dressing it up with heels and jewellery but I'm still a bit wary of it looking very casual.

I'm sick to death of buying dresses for weddings that I only wear once and then that's it. I'll admit that's my own problem but still it's a total waste of money as I don't wear dresses to work.

All opinions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

I suppose it depends what the skirt is like. But my sister had a fancy black tie wedding. My brothers girlfriend wore midi skirt and cami top. They were both dressy pieces and she wore heels. And she looked fab..one of the best dressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think it sounds fab! There are some gorgeous ones around at the minute and they can look very dressy when styled right, I say go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hard to say without seeing the outfit TBH. Nothing wrong with a midi skirt, it all depends what's put with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭foodie86

I'm unable to post a picture but it's a very bright coral, has some pleats and hangs from hips rather than higher up. As it is so bright I'm keeping top half and accessories neutral.

I'm pairing with gold shoes and a cream cami, well that is the plan in my head so far!

Open to all suggestions as how to make outfit as glam as possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think hair in a wavy ponytail would be nice, or if you're into the boho look I love all those flowery headbands that are around at the moment. I think one would compliment the relaxed vibe of the skirt really well and really dress it up at the same time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement