Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Printing Cost

Options
  • 01-06-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

How much does 3D printing cost?

If I send quick parts or another online company a 3D printing file for a standard widget, nothing complicated, or too big, with a decent amount of time on the machine, say a mug for example

How much would it cost (ballpark)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mylo10

PLA cost about 25-30 euro a kilo, 1 hour running a printer (600w for example) would be about 17c.
    I've a printer and would have no problem helping you out. You pay for the plastic and I'll print the parts.

What did you have in mind?

There are some 3d printing hubs around the country. Look them up.

wwwDOT3dhubsDOTcom/dublin (remove the DOT and replace)

Seems to cost €7 euro to start print and 0.50cents per cm^3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 edjennings

3D printing cost depends on the machine and material. There are kits which you can build for only a couple of hundred dollars. If I’m not mistaken, the cheapest is the Peachy Printer; newly unveiled machine at £3000 while 3D printer filaments are at reasonable price at £26-£30 per kilo. I got my spools of 1.75mm ABS filaments from 3D2print. Online 3D printing services can help you create prototype plastic parts; you can ask Thingiverse, Panoko or Shapeways for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

edjennings wrote: »
    3D printing cost depends on the machine and material. There are kits which you can build for only a couple of hundred dollars. If I’m not mistaken, the cheapest is the Peachy Printer; newly unveiled machine at £3000 while 3D printer filaments are at reasonable price at £26-£30 per kilo. I got my spools of 1.75mm ABS filaments from 3D2print. Online 3D printing services can help you create prototype plastic parts; you can ask Thingiverse, Panoko or Shapeways for that matter.

theres a cheaper one out around 1000 mark theres supposed to be a cheaper one on the market next year

Advertisement