Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lapsed car insurance

Options
  • 01-06-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Elaine, i have a couple of questions, i had insurance on a car which started last sept(13). I left the country for work and stayed longer than i thought i would and also thought i would be staying away but circumstances changed and i have come back to ireland. the problem is, i stopped paying my direct debit and my insurance got cancelled, which i thought would be grand. now i am back, just bought another car as i sold the old one while i was away. Will it be difficult for me to get a new policy after letting the last one lapse? and will i be able to get proof of my NCB of the old insurer?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Liberty Insurance: Ruth

Hi seo40,

Please call our office on 1890 89 1890 to get a quote for your new car. Alternatively PM me your name and contact number and I will arrange for someone in our Sales department to give you a call.

Your No Claims Discount remains valid for 2 years once you cancel your policy. If we are your last insurer, we will have a record of your No Claims Discount entitlement.

Regards

Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seo40

Hi seo40,

Please call our office on 1890 89 1890 to get a quote for your new car. Alternatively PM me your name and contact number and I will arrange for someone in our Sales department to give you a call.

Your No Claims Discount remains valid for 2 years once you cancel your policy. If we are your last insurer, we will have a record of your No Claims Discount entitlement.

Regards

Ruth
    i got sorted, worrying about nothing...

Thanks anyway Ruth.

Advertisement