Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inertia sensor coverage on Patio Door

Options
  • 01-06-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have a new patio door (French style - two doors opening out in the middle). I have installed a HKC inertia/contact over the door that opens first, near the centre, at the top of the frame. However, during a walk test, tapping repeatedly or banging on either door does not trigger the alarm.

The sensor itself appears to work when tapped directly.

The door is approx 160cm wide x 210cm high.

What would people recommend in terms of protecting this door properly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What are the Gross & Pulse settings & how hard are you banging the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Koolkid,

Thanks for replying. For that zone, Gross 6, Pulse 6.

When I bang on the glass quite hard, hard enough to visibly rattle the door itself, the panel records gross 1. That's on the opening door that has the sensor above it. If I bang on the glass of the other door, nothing registers on the panel. Both doors are within the one frame.

It probably looks like I should put another inertia on the other side of that frame?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you positive the inertia is wired in correctly and the arrow is pointed directly up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Time to get a professional to have a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Drop the gross and pulse down to 4 .
    Make sure the arrow is pointed towards the roof.

• Advertisement
Advertisement