Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony at E3 2014 - What do you want to see?

Options
  • 01-06-2014 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Sony's E3 conference is 2am a week On tuesday :D What are we all hoping to see? I'm personally hoping for

Syphon filter, I'l take vita or PS4
    Patapon on vita
    Resistance on PS4
    Uncharted 4 gameplay
    Heavenly sword sequel
    Gameplay of the TLOU remastered
    GTA V on Next gen
    Ratchet and clank next gen
    Ni no Kuni sequel *

*fully aware only about two of these predictions will happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Fallout 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Legacy of Kain - time to go back to Nosgoth!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If they came out, said the three words 'The Last Guardian', winked and then proceeded to do a two hour long Morris dance while a release date flashed in the background, I personally would feel their work was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its entirely possible we could see last guardian. But then, we've been hoping we'll see it at E3 for the past 7 years. So I'm not hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone going to watch? I'll probably say I won't, then decide to just watch the first few mins on my Nexus in bed, then watch the first hour, then relaise I'd better sleep if I don't wanna be late to work, meaning staying late and missing the Nintendo conference. :)

So yeah, a couple things I would like to see but I know we won't get are a new model, like the PS Slim, not a new hard drive model and/or also a price cut. Both unlikely as they're selling the best out of the big 3.

Games wise, the main thin I want to see is gameplay trailers for whatever they have, rather than just an announcement trailer. Because announcing a new Uncharted(I know they already did) is like confirming what we already expected. Actually showing how it runs on PS4 would encourage me to buy one more than a CGI trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Start with more PS3 games on the vita would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Won't be watching and I'll keep my phone offline so I don't get any tweets or news from feed/boards.

Then hope I can fine a full video of the conferences online rather than the individual announcements for each.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone going to watch? I'll probably say I won't, then decide to just watch the first few mins on my Nexus in bed, then watch the first hour, then relaise I'd better sleep if I don't wanna be late to work, meaning staying late and missing the Nintendo conference. :)

So yeah, a couple things I would like to see but I know we won't get are a new model, like the PS Slim, not a new hard drive model and/or also a price cut. Both unlikely as they're selling the best out of the big 3.

Games wise, the main thin I want to see is gameplay trailers for whatever they have, rather than just an announcement trailer. Because announcing a new Uncharted(I know they already did) is like confirming what we already expected. Actually showing how it runs on PS4 would encourage me to buy one more than a CGI trailer.

I definitely will, be going round to my friends for it. The 2am start makes it even better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I want to see :

Uncharted 4
    Shenmue 3 (lol)
    Half Life 3 (bigger lol)
    The Evil Within
    Battlefront
    The Last Guardian with a PS4 confirmation
    Moar Destiny
    A New Red Dead

A definitive system seller for Xbox One... I don't have the console but if a game came along that appealed to me I'd be tempted to invest down the line....

Edit : Just copped this is Sony thread and not General Gaming, I still stand by what I say, I'm no console racist... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 martindoran

i want to see , planet side two , and devision , and call of duty advanced warfare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I wont be watching but id love to see a new fallout announced for this year (wishful thinking maybe!) and a release date for TLOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 martindoran

would like to even see a load of new games coming to market for ps4 not too many out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Playstation now (for Europe)
    Gta v ps4
    And I really want Sony to make an exclusive shooter for ps4 because xbox have halo. Killzone is terrible that game doesn't count.

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Playstation now (for Europe)
    Gta v ps4
    And I really want Sony to make an exclusive shooter for ps4 because xbox have halo. Killzone is terrible that game doesn't count.

Destiny?

From the makers of Halo?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Like the last few years, anything on the Last Guardian would be a bonus - not holding my breadth though.

Also, any info on Project Beast - any official little snippet will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fieldog wrote: »
    Destiny?

From the makers of Halo?

That's out on everything.

I don't get the hate for Killzone though, the way Halo is going Killzone is more than a match for it. I enjoyed Shadow Fall alot. There are just as many haters of Halo in the Xbox camp and I really liked all the Halo games too except maybe for ODST.

What I want to see but will probably be at the EA and Ubi shows are Mirror's Edge 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Going out on a long one here but with Sony Liverpool back up and running I want to see a new Colony Wars and or G-Police game.

I'd think wipeout is much more likely :P

That's out on everything

Exactly,

It's great to see Bungie releasing on PlayStation again....

Exactly,

It's great to see Bungie releasing on PlayStation again....

We'll see, haven't been impressed with anything I've seen of Destiny yet. The game seems to be missing something and just does not look or feel right to my eyes in the gameplay vids released so far.

It's like looking at the early DriveClub vids and ones released a month or so ago. I can see so much of a difference. The graphics and car handling model are so much better and I can tell that just from looking at it.

Destiny's gunplay has a very bland look and feel to it in my eyes. Just does not look or feel satisfying imo. Hope they sort that out.

• Advertisement

We'll see, haven't been impressed with anything I've seen of Destiny yet. The game seems to be missing something and just does not look or feel right to my eyes in the gameplay vids released so far.

It's like looking at the early DriveClub vids and ones released a month or so ago. I can see so much of a difference. The graphics and car handling model are so much better and I can tell that just from looking at it.

Destiny's gunplay has a very bland look and feel to it in my eyes. Just does not look or feel satisfying imo. Hope they sort that out.

I think it looks like Halolands tbh, bit of borderlands smattered with Halo, never got into Borderlands myself though so I'll wait and see...

I won't judge til I pick up a controller and play it, same as any game, I think it looks great - but I'm a bit of a Halo fan so I would say that.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I have a feeling they'll announce a big AAA vita title, here's hoping it's an inFamous game. It's one of the only franchises that hasn't made the jump yet

I have a feeling they'll announce a big AAA vita title, here's hoping it's an inFamous game. It's one of the only franchises that hasn't made the jump yet

They have exclusive on the Gears of War series now, could be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

New Order 1886 game play.
    Fallout 4.
    New IP.

2 of those and ill be a very happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its one of the only Franchises i presume you mean 2nd Son....yeah thats an Infamous game

Its one of the only Franchises i presume you mean 2nd Son....yeah thats an Infamous game

I think he means made the jump to portable with vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think he means made the jump to portable with vita.

Yeah like there's a Resistance vita game, an Uncharted vita game, a LBP vita game and a Killzone vita game. Seems likely inFAMOUS might be next :D

tkd93 wrote: »
    New Order 1886 game play.
    Fallout 4.
    New IP.

2 of those and ill be a very happy camper.

Fallout 4 is a confirmed non runner anyway. Won't be seeing of hearing anything about it at E3 according to Bethesda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Shenmue 3 (lol)

Yu Suzuki has been hanging out with Mark Cerny alot, a HD remake of the first two (even just on PSN) wouldnt be an impossibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yeah like there's a Resistance vita game, an Uncharted vita game, a LBP vita game and a Killzone vita game. Seems likely inFAMOUS might be next :D

Well if there is I hope it is more like Infamous 1 / 2 and not the short coffee break version 3.

Advertisement