Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Options
  • 01-06-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a tablet. I've never owned one before but I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I'd mainly want to use it for browsing (Facebook, twitter, news sites), Skype, streaming sky go and playing it through my samsung tv, maybe some downloading to an external hard drive. Basically what I use my netbook for now. Is the samsung the right one for me? Is it a good streaming device as that is the main thing I'm looking for as my current samsung nc10 netbook can't hook up to my tv. It's that old. Any other advice would be of great help.

Cheers,

H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a tablet. I've never owned one before but I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I'd mainly want to use it for browsing (Facebook, twitter, news sites), Skype, streaming sky go and playing it through my samsung tv, maybe some downloading to an external hard drive. Basically what I use my netbook for now. Is the samsung the right one for me? Is it a good streaming device as that is the main thing I'm looking for as my current samsung nc10 netbook can't hook up to my tv. It's that old. Any other advice would be of great help.

Cheers,

H

7", 8" or 10.1"?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

corwill wrote: »
    7", 8" or 10.1"?

10.1in.

The main reason I want to get something new is because I any hook my nc10 up to my tv and it's battery life is terrible. Other than that it's fine for what I want.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I wouldn't go for the Tab 10.1 if your focus is on television connectivity, given it doesn't have miniHDMI out. Although a Chromecast would sort that out, or even Samsung's own Allcast dongle if your TV is Samsung. 149ppi is not great on such a big screen, maybe have a look at the ASUS Memo Pad FHD 10, depending on your budget.

Advertisement