Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did a recruitment company leave voice mail on my phone?

Options
  • 01-06-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

I've never had voice mail, in fact I'm nearly sure I rang meteor up many moons ago to disable it. So why do I have a voicemail from a recruitment company now?
    Are they putting in some code to do it? When I ring my phone from my landline it just rings out, there is no option to leave a voice mail..
    I feel as if my phone has been compromised in some way by a sneaky recruitment agency.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

I think if you ring numbers with a 2 in front of the number (ie after the 08X part) it gets through to voicemail. Or somesuch like that, there is a mechanism for doing it. Wouldnt stress too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Perfect, I never knew that, thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Your number is 087 1234567

I can get directly to your voicemail and leave a message at 087 5 1234567

This is enlightening. I still think its a sneaky tool to use though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Recruitment agents being sneaky? :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I used to use it To ring the boss, guaranteed to leave a MSG but not to have to talk to them, I used a 5 too,

I know:D Offering a very romanticized version of my job for another 10 grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭user99

putting in the 5 to dial direct into your voicemail wont work if your voicemail is disabled. you should contact your work and have your voicemail disabled (you say you thought it was already)

Nothing to do with work, I had meteor disable it on my mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭user99

sorry, that should read "you should contact your network"

• Advertisement

You're right of course, I'm not too bothered about it now I know all they did was put a 5 in the number.

Advertisement