Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching providers

Options
  • 01-06-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

I am looking to change from vodafone to e mobile. I gave my notice and the contract ends on june 6th. Do i have to wait until then to switch over or can i change a few days earlier? (i could do with the new phone sooner)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I am looking to change from vodafone to e mobile. I gave my notice and the contract ends on june 6th. Do i have to wait until then to switch over or can i change a few days earlier? (i could do with the new phone sooner)

Well today is Sunday, tomorrow is a Public Holiday. So the earliest you can change is Tuesday, which leaves only 3 days till Friday. Can you not wait 3 days? If you still owe Voda any money after Friday, they will likely refuse your porting request, until all o/s money is paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

You need to complete your contract

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

You will have to let them know before the 6th that you
    are not renewing your contract. This should be done asap
    before you are put on a 30 day rolling contract. Call into
    a store tomorrow they should be open even if it is a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    You will have to let them know before the 6th that you
    are not renewing your contract. This should be done asap
    before you are put on a 30 day rolling contract. Call into
    a store tomorrow they should be open even if it is a bank holiday.

the 6th is 30 days after i gave them my notice. Thanks all for the help

Advertisement