Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Startin them young

Options
  • 01-06-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Just wondering when you lads started bringing the kids fishing.
    I took my lil princess out for first time last year aged 3 and in hour she reeled in 2 brownies and a pike I hooked on spinner.
    That was last September and almost every day since she's asked to go fishing but weather kept me off bringing her. So aged 4 now and on Tuesday I took her up to manor Kilbride ( one of my favourite rivers to fish) and Tuesday she landed 8 trout biggest half a pound and I landed 5 all trotting garden worms.
    So today went out and in 2 hours I stayed in one spot casting into fast water and she landed 18 trout one of which was a pound wildy in fast water, 2 perch and tiny jack pike and myself got 9 trout and a pike of about 4 pound. All fish returned to the mammies and daddies
    She loves it now and il be bringing her most times I go now.
    She's still to small to try casting herself but she plays the fish well although smaller fish tend to water ski towards her.
    Anyway delighted with her :)
    Pics to follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

image_zpsb1d8fd4b.jpg
    Lovely fish caught by herself

Her first this year
    image_zps8e9eb21f.jpg
    Pike I got on last cast spinning mepps 2
    image_zps157c52b6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Putting you to shame already!!
    Just wondering when you lads started bringing the kids fishing.
    I took my lil princess out for first time last year aged 3 and in hour she reeled in 2 brownies and a pike I hooked on spinner.
    That was last September and almost every day since she's asked to go fishing but weather kept me off bringing her. So aged 4 now and on Tuesday I took her up to manor Kilbride ( one of my favourite rivers to fish) and Tuesday she landed 8 trout biggest half a pound and I landed 5 all trotting garden worms.
    So today went out and in 2 hours I stayed in one spot casting into fast water and she landed 18 trout one of which was a pound wildy in fast water, 2 perch and tiny jack pike and myself got 9 trout and a pike of about 4 pound. All fish returned to the mammies and daddies
    She loves it now and il be bringing her most times I go now.
    She's still to small to try casting herself but she plays the fish well although smaller fish tend to water ski towards her.
    Anyway delighted with her :)
    Pics to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Its only salt i fish but ive had my young lad out since he was 3. Santa even brought him an lrf set up when he was 4. I normally just bring him float fishing along the quays in cobh. Nice and safe and usually a few fish about. The only problem is he cant cast and retrieve properly due to the railings.
    He loves it but if hes not catching he gets very bored very quick. Small bag of sweets and a carton of ribena usually buys me an hour if its quiet.
    His best day saw him land 11wrasse and 3 pollack and he got his pic in sea angler and total sea fishing. Weak for himself.

Advertisement