Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600 GAMING PC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The GTX750 can be gotten for that price and is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭pepsi45

The GTX750 can be gotten for that price and is much better.

is the rest of the build ok bar that or do you have any other suggestions?

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Can you post the link to the build your friend has suggested as it's not working for me

Can you post the link to the build your friend has suggested as it's not working for me

http://gyazo.com/b536212cfbad29ea06e2fe08a860c464 there you go i just took a screen shot of it

• Advertisement

Item|Price
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€49.80
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W|€56.72
    Intel Core i5-4670K Tray,3,4 GHZ, 6MB Cache, LGA 1150, VGA|€197.59
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Series DDR3-1600, CL9|€62.57
    ASRock H81M-HDS, Sockel 1150, mATX|€42.19
    MSI N750Ti TF 2GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2GB GDDR5, VGA, DVI, HDMI|€132.69
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 1000 USB 3.0 black|€34.43
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€594.98

Much more powerful gpu. No need for a dvd drive, but you can get one for around 10 euro anyway not the 20 euro one in your friends build. No need for an additional usb hub as you have them on the case and also back of the motherboard. Much much better cpu which is unlocked so you can overclock it (and get an additional cpu cooler if you want to go down the route). Fully modular psu.

Then buy your windows key from reddit software swap for $10 and its exactly your 600 budget. Using giezhals.de should get the price down enough that you'd be able to get an aftermarket cpu cooler included in that 600.

Or now that I see you want keyboard mouse etc, you could use whatever saving giezhals.de gives to pay for those.

Item|Price
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€49.80
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W|€56.72
    Intel Core i5-4670K Tray,3,4 GHZ, 6MB Cache, LGA 1150, VGA|€197.59
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Series DDR3-1600, CL9|€62.57
    MSI N750Ti TF 2GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2GB GDDR5, VGA, DVI, HDMI|€132.69
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€594.98

Much more powerful gpu. No need for a dvd drive, but you can get one for around 10 euro anyway not the 20 euro one in your friends build. No need for an additional usb hub as you have them on the case and also back of the motherboard. Much much better cpu which is unlocked so you can overclock it (and get an additional cpu cooler if you want to go down the route). Fully modular psu.

Then buy your windows key from reddit software swap for $10 and its exactly your 600 budget. Using giezhals.de should get the price down enough that you'd be able to get an aftermarket cpu cooler included in that 600.

Or now that I see you want keyboard mouse etc, you could use whatever saving giezhals.de gives to pay for those.

would it be it getting the gtx 760/amd r9 270 as i see lots of builds have that or is this card better?

Would you be adding to the budget or trying to lower other components to have the 760 in the build? If it's the former then I'd say it would be worth it, and the latter then it's a toss up. Csgo is heavily dependant on cpu, and that cpu is a beast and will last the next 5 years at least for new games, so you'll only have to upgrade your graphics card when needs be.

I don't really know the requirements for others games, so you'd have to google and see if the 750ti is good enough, or if you'd have to go to something a bit better.

If you want to add a bit of money to the budget the next thing I'd get is an SSD. Or else swap the 1tb hard drive for an ssd. You'll see a MASSIVE difference in how the computer feels. It won't make a difference to fps while gaming, but load times, boot times, and just general responsiveness of the computer will be drastically improved.

You're at the price point where every extra euro spent will have an actual difference to performance. When you get over about 1k or 1.2k etc, you see a lot less difference the higher you go. But if you were to add another 100 or so to the budget you'd see a greater return.

You could also go down the route of getting a second hand gpu. People practically give away 2-3 year old high end gpus, they depreciate in value a LOT. (Practically give away as in what was once a 600 euro card will be a couple hundred.) Risks involved in this though as you could get a card that was treated badly etc etc. Still something to keep in mind if you want a bit more gpu performance, but also want to keep the cost of the build down.

Would you be adding to the budget or trying to lower other components to have the 760 in the build? If it's the former then I'd say it would be worth it, and the latter then it's a toss up. Csgo is heavily dependant on cpu, and that cpu is a beast and will last the next 5 years at least for new games, so you'll only have to upgrade your graphics card when needs be.

I don't really know the requirements for others games, so you'd have to google and see if the 750ti is good enough, or if you'd have to go to something a bit better.

If you want to add a bit of money to the budget the next thing I'd get is an SSD. Or else swap the 1tb hard drive for an ssd. You'll see a MASSIVE difference in how the computer feels. It won't make a difference to fps while gaming, but load times, boot times, and just general responsiveness of the computer will be drastically improved.

You're at the price point where every extra euro spent will have an actual difference to performance. When you get over about 1k or 1.2k etc, you see a lot less difference the higher you go. But if you were to add another 100 or so to the budget you'd see a greater return.

You could also go down the route of getting a second hand gpu. People practically give away 2-3 year old high end gpus, they depreciate in value a LOT. (Practically give away as in what was once a 600 euro card will be a couple hundred.) Risks involved in this though as you could get a card that was treated badly etc etc. Still something to keep in mind if you want a bit more gpu performance, but also want to keep the cost of the build down.

so i could get away with it not have the 760 and still be fine??? like if i get the 760 what sort of fps difference will i see ? like will it be only like 5-6 or will be must greater to the point where it is a stupid idea not to ?

GTX 760 performs at about 155% of what the 750 Ti can do, but costs about 166-180% of the price of a 750ti. However if the 750ti can run the games you want then there's no reason to go for the extra power of the 760.

The 750ti is an entry level card, with a bit more budget you could get something like the 760. Or if you wanted to go second hand, you could get a gtx 580 for the same price as a brand new 750ti. at least on synthetic benchmarks, the 580 wins hands down. You'd have to do a bit of googling to see which would suit your games better.

• Advertisement

GTX 760 performs at about 155% of what the 750 Ti can do, but costs about 166-180% of the price of a 750ti. However if the 750ti can run the games you want then there's no reason to go for the extra power of the 760.

The 750ti is an entry level card, with a bit more budget you could get something like the 760. Or if you wanted to go second hand, you could get a gtx 580 for the same price as a brand new 750ti. at least on synthetic benchmarks, the 580 wins hands down. You'd have to do a bit of googling to see which would suit your games better.

what about the r9 270 it is only 20 euro more expensive and it is often said to be the same as a gtx 760 from what i am seeing?

the 270 is better than the 750ti, and the 760 is better than both of them. It's all what you pay for though, so it's reflected in higher prices. I'd go with the 270 if you're willing to spend the extra 20 euro over the 750ti.

the 270 is better than the 750ti, and the 760 is better than both of them. It's all what you pay for though, so it's reflected in higher prices. I'd go with the 270 if you're willing to spend the extra 20 euro over the 750ti.

ok i think that is what i will do. any brand recommended ? i am looking on hwvs and there is loads if different versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Go with the 270 card and a month or two down the line add in a SSD as your budget recovers.

Its awesome in lots of small ways.

could ye put a link for the full build up for me with the new graphics cards as well ???

Item|Price
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€46.37
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W|€53.19
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Series DDR3-1600, CL9|€59.15
    MSI R9 270 GAMING 2G, AMD Radeon R9 270, 2GB DDR5|€153.43
    Intel Core i5-4670K Box, LGA1150|€190.98
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€598.73

That's it running some of it through http://geizhals.de/ for the price reduction.

Today intels new i5-4690k was announced so if you wait a while you'll see the price of the 4670ks come down another little bit, about 10 euro or thereabouts.

You'll still need a cpu cooler with that build and then your mouse keyboard monitor etc etc.

Item|Price
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€46.37
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W|€53.19
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Series DDR3-1600, CL9|€59.15
    MSI R9 270 GAMING 2G, AMD Radeon R9 270, 2GB DDR5|€153.43
    Intel Core i5-4670K Box, LGA1150|€190.98
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€598.73

That's it running some of it through http://geizhals.de/ for the price reduction.

Today intels new i5-4690k was announced so if you wait a while you'll see the price of the 4670ks come down another little bit, about 10 euro or thereabouts.

You'll still need a cpu cooler with that build and then your mouse keyboard monitor etc etc.

would i need the cpu cooler straight away??? like i kinda wanted it to be strict 600 and that sounds like more and more money ? also can i order a keyboard from there or will it be in german ?

pepsi45 wrote: »
    would i need the cpu cooler straight away??? like i kinda wanted it to be strict 600 and that sounds like more and more money ? also can i order a keyboard from there or will it be in german ?

If you wait for the price of the CPU to drop because of the new one announced, you'd probably be able to get a CPU cooler included inthat 600 euro budget. Buy whatever keyboard layout you want, they'll be German from hwvs though. Id borrow an old keyboard till funds allowed for a nice one. We could lower the specs of all the components to allow for the keyboard but id recommend against that

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

You would only need the CPU cooler if you want to overclock or if you want it to be quite. It also might not fut in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

you dont really need a cooler. i used the stock one and temps stay around 35-40c under load from arma2 and arma 3

• Advertisement

ok thanks this has all be extremely helpful. last question. any recommendations for a cheap keyboard and mouse plus mouse pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Addled

You can't overclock the cpu with anything other than z87/z97 boards because any other chipset won't let you change the CPU multiplier.

You're better saving money and off getting 4670 non-k, it's identiacal except overclocking is disabled which you can't use anyway. The non-k is €179,48 after running through geizhals.de .

If you can afford a mechanical keyboard they're well worth it and here's a gaming mouse hierarchy:

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f2/f2bae16a_2WrJX.png

Advertisement