Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers during summer?

Options
  • 31-05-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering can anyone tell me if i would be able to any sort of benefits such as job seekers this summer? I am 18 and just finished my first year of a two year PLC course in Sligo. I got the grant from susi but i have moved home for summer with my parents and its impossible to find work but i don't want to be absolutely broke for summer as i have a lot of payments to make for the last year of my course in September. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. Not until you are over 23 & have finished your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Reginamc

Can you get it at 18? I was reading online on Citizens information and came across this "Jobseeker’s Allowance (JA) claimants without children aged between 18 and 24 receive €100 per week. "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You can get it at 18 but only if you're not in full time education-which you are.

Advertisement