Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castelgarden XDC140HD

Options
  • 31-05-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I am looking at buying one of these Castelgarden XDC140HD - Its a brand new one with 13.5 briggs and stratton engine and 32" cutting deck with hydrostatic drive.
    I have seen one in the shop and like the look of it the salesman tells me everything i need to hear so just want to check does anyone have one and if so what are they like?? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Been using one for two years without any problems for about half an acre poor, uneven, rough ground. Starts first time every time. Adjustable blade height works well. Can empty grassbox without getting off if dry. When damp or over full, it tends to clog but is easily freed up.Makes cutting the grass almost enjoyable!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

what price are they if you don't mind me asking. castlegarden are one of the best makes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kingdom Man

what price are they if you don't mind me asking. castlegarden are one of the best makes anyway

I can get one for €2150 seems good value considering any decent second hand one seems to be 1200 to 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Make sure you get the mulcher thrown in for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Have one too. I wouldn't jump from the skies saying its great but it is fine and I personally could not justify anything bigger. I find mine clogs very easy with the slightest bit of damp grass. Even in the dry after emptying the alarm might stay going off until I got down and cleared every bit of grass from the tube/collector area close to the deck. 13.5 is entry level for this Mower I think so I don't know if its under powered. I keep my grass low so that's the only frustration. Other than that it has never given an issue and has been very reliable with zero faults after 4 years of use. Its my first and only ride-on so cant comment or compare to anything else. I cut about a third of an acre of level ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Have the stigma model that I bought through castle garden in 2012. It does get clogged up when the grass is wet but never when it's damp. Other than that I haven't had an ounce of trouble with it. Only thing is the hydro is a good bit slower than the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesypeters11

Stay away from castelgarden...half the country has them but they are pure ****e....they have alloy chassis, cheap plastic body, hydro gearbox's they use can't handle long life work e.g 10 yes and they're gone, they use blower collection systems which in Ireland are pointless as it nearly always wet and they WILL clog up, in Ireland the only mower that's worthwhile buying is Gianni ferarri or countax/westwood...nothing else everyone seems to think castelgarden...husqvarna and JD are good they're not...they are cheap so popular but generally nasty low quality machines and
    that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭hughjohn

I have a manual castle garden , new in 1995.
    Would rate it as a good mower.
    My lawn is approx the size of a tennis court.
    Don't know about hydro ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Would you stop talking sh1te , half the country have them cause their good. The names you said at great for industrial use but your everyday joe soap there prefect

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesypeters11

I've been working with these machines for a very long time now Dave and I know good and bad mower when I see them! So pls get back in the box....ull need to unclog it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 facelesss

I have a Jonsered with a 42 inch cut and kohler 22hp engine its a 2007 and has never let me down i am cutting just over 2 acres of lawns and some rough ground.I would highly recommend the brand.I fitted a tow bar to it and regularly pull a heavy car trailer around the grounds with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davieee

Can someone please help me I'm trying to replace the drive belt on the xdc 140 HD how do I remove the middle shoot part so I can fir the new belt

Advertisement