Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fault in alarm system please help.

Options
  • 31-05-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys.

I'm in rented accomodation and today alarm was activated accidently. We could not turn it off (forgot password). I had no choice and had to open box near fuses to take out power from it. Wife got pin but was already too late. Now the orange light is flashing and it says mains fault. I think it has to do with opening of the box. Any advice?

think its a hkc sw-1070

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your fuses are still removed then the panel is not getting mains power.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jasiosnd1987

what i did was iopened big box thats in utility room and disconnected ground wire from speaker i belive. On the main screen near front door it showed that main box was opened

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So now if you enter your code what error are you getting?

Acces denied i can set and unset it too

Then the code you have is still wrong.
    You will probably need to get someone out to reset this for you if you can't source the code.

• Advertisement

I think code is OK because i can arm it and go out and when I'm back code is disarming alarm. Just tested it there

I'm sorry , you have me confused as you edited the post after I replied.
    When you enter the code you are arming & disarming the system ok.
    Where are you getting access denied so?

When pin is keyed on its own

do you know how to remove that fault?

When you key in the code on its own you get access denied?
    How are you setting & unsetting the alarm?

• Advertisement

yes when im keying pin on its own im getting acces denied. #4 pressed will arm alarm. My pin will disarm it also.

It is not a fault.Your user code is configured that way. You would need engineer access to change those settings.

i think i leave ir for now. will try to contact landlords to get someone to have a look at it

Advertisement