Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avis car hire (in Dublin)

Options
  • 31-05-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Boardsters,
    Just finished making a reservation with Avis for car hire (pick-up and collect from Heuston Station - 1 week hire of an economy 3 door affair). In the blurb they say that there'll be a pre-authorisation on the credit card for E1800.

Can anyone anecdotally confirm or deny this? Searching around it seems its a hit and miss; some people have had the amount held on their card by the rental company whilst some don't.

Just wondering if anyone there or in the biz has any insight as to how it works? I have excess insurance as part of my travel insurance but that doesn't seem to carry any weight.

It's just that I've hired cars many times in the past (albeit about 7 or 8 years ago) and never came across this.

FP

Advertisement