Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get a photo printed on a CD

Options
  • 31-05-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in town you can get a photo/picture printed on a CD? I have an interview recorded and want to put a photo of the person on the cd. The cover is easily done, but I cant print the CD with my printer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maybe see if any of your friends have a Hewlett Packard PC. Many of them in recent-ish years (Mostly models with Windows XP or Windows 7 ) came with a light scribe drive which means it can burn images onto the non playing side of light scribe ready blank discs.

Failing that you could buy one of the cd labelling kits that most decent stationary stores and probably the likes of PC World would stock. Is basically stickers on a sheet that peel off and can be applied to the non playing side of a disc. You print the image onto them using your printer, then peel them off the sheet and pop them onto your disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Kess73 wrote: »
    Maybe see if any of your friends have a Hewlett Packard PC. Many of them in recent-ish years (Mostly models with Windows XP or Windows 7 ) came with a light scribe drive which means it can burn images onto the non playing side of light scribe ready blank discs.

Failing that you could buy one of the cd labelling kits that most decent stationary stores and probably the likes of PC World would stock. Is basically stickers on a sheet that peel off and can be applied to the non playing side of a disc. You print the image onto them using your printer, then peel them off the sheet and pop them onto your disc.

My hp laptop has one of those drives, never tried it other then standard burning though and havent seen those disks round anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phill106 wrote: »
    My hp laptop has one of those drives, never tried it other then standard burning though and havent seen those disks round anywhere?

I have gotten lightscribe discs in Limerick in the past, although it must be a good five or six years since I have done so. At one point PC World, Maplin, Argos and a few other outlets used to stock them. You did have to know what you were looking for though, as sometimes I found that the staff in some of those stores did not know the difference between a light scribe disc and a regular disc.

Advertisement