Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it true. mynooth easier than ucd and dcu

Options
  • 31-05-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi.

i am looking to study joint honors. german and french.

i have applied to ucd and mynooth.

many friends told me that mynooth is much easier to pass than ucd. also cheaper to live.
    i do not care about night life.

is true dit and mynooth is much easier than ucd and dcu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Considering UCD were involved in a controversy involving grade inflation not too long ago, and Maynooth was not, it would seem UCD was the easier University to earn a degree. Maynooth would be cheaper to live in, a lot cheaper than UCD.

Try and understand that University is not just about passing and you shouldn't be choosing a University because it is rumoured to be 'easier'. My advice would be to take a few years off, work or travel, and then you will have a better grasp of understanding why you should go to University and earn a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Why would it be any easier? A degree is as "easy" to pass as you make it yourself. I agree with the poster above, that's not the right attitude to approach your studies with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 azozalghamdi

thanks

i have spent some times in IT tralee. it was really very easy to pass. i used to get honor.
    and i spent some times in sorbonne university in paris. it was to much difficult to pass

i do not want too much easy also not to much difficult.

both ucd and mynooth are universities in ireland. and they give joint honor degree.

i want to know which one is easier to get degree. because i am not native English speaker. i take more time to study as i have to translate many words from english to my language. then study with more effort.

thanks for your advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

It shouldn't really be easier to get the degree where ever you go.

All exams given in third level are independently inspected before being issued so should all be the same level.

Maybe the college that seems to be 'easier' just has better lecturers and staff, thus making the material simpler to grasp and learn. Then the exams seem easier!!

Advertisement