Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot Loop - Vodafone Smart Chat - ZTE P752D

Options
  • 30-05-2014 9:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Last week I installed some updates on my phone as requested in the Vodafone notifications. On Friday I got another notification to update Vodafone Messaging and Messaging +, then a few hours later the phone began rebooting itself over and over, and the only way to stop it was to remove the battery. Now every time I try to turn the phone on, this happens: it starts off with the green Android robot, after a while the Vodafone logo/sound appear, the phone vibrates, then the Vodafone logo reappears and everything starts all over again. Sometimes, between one Vodafone logo and the next reboot, an incomplete home screen appears (I can't click on anything), but not every time. The Android robot only appears once, when I first try to turn the phone on.

I can't leave it into a shop as I'm on the move and they won't have it fixed in less than a week, so is there anything I can try and do to fix this?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

You can try a hard reset. Mightn't do any good if the firmware is corrupted though. Be aware you'll lose all your data (it's gone at this stage anyway).

1.Power off your phone
    2.Press together volume up + power button until Android logo apperas on screen
    3.Select with volume buttons "wipe data" and press power to confirm
    4.Select "yes" and press power key to confirm
    5.Press power to confirm "reboot"
    6.Wait until the phone restarts.

If it continues to bootloop you'll probably have to take it to a shop to be reflashed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks for that Simi... I was REEEEEALLY hoping for something less drastic... I don't suppose there's a way I can access/download my data before doing this, is there? Also, I was wondering - what does the "wipe cache partition" function do to the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Usually a sign that something has gone wrong with the firmware and it's crashing upon loading something that may be missing or corrupted. Don't have the phone myself, but have you tried volume down+power button/home? Usually accesses the recovery menu where it's possible to wipe the phone and potentially the problem file.

Without root, there's little chance of getting any files not on an SD though.

Advertisement