Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox profile issue (icons)

Options
  • 30-05-2014 7:34pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have this strange issue where some stock icons show up all weird on Firefox when logged in under my own account.

This happens on a lot of sites with Firefox but not with Chrome or Opera and also not on Firefox when logged into Ubuntu as another user.

I don't want to delete my FF profile if I can avoid it but I guess I can export/import my bookmarks into a new profile if it comes to it. I'd like to understand how these images are being corrupt though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I have this strange issue where some stock icons show up all weird on Firefox when logged in under my own account.

This happens on a lot of sites with Firefox but not with Chrome or Opera and also not on Firefox when logged into Ubuntu as another user.

I don't want to delete my FF profile if I can avoid it but I guess I can export/import my bookmarks into a new profile if it comes to it. I'd like to understand how these images are being corrupt though.

Looks like a policy origin problem. Have a look in about:config for strict_origin_policy and change it to false.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

tried changing it and restarting FF but no joy.

it happens even in safe mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Those "icons" are not really icons. They are characters. It's a trick to get nice scalable icons without to much work. So you're missing a font and I think it's called "icon-font"

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Walnutcracker

I had this issue before and it was because I had disabled "Allow pages to choose their own font, instead of my selections above". Go to preferences > content > advanced. You'll find the setting there.

• Advertisement

Bingo! Now I just have to get used to all these websites with their crazy choices of fonts :D

Does anyone use hotmail/outloook.com? The fonts look like total cack when the site is let choose its own. I'm not sure if there's some way around it; those calibri/whateveritscalled fonts don't scale properly on linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Advertisement