Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Scum-bags,

That's all they are.

Wish myself and the boys had found them in the act.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

The good news is that staff from both the National Monuments Service and the OPW responded extremely quickly and the monument has been restored.

This is the second assault on the stone. It appears to have occurred at roughly the same time as it did on the last occasion.
    Who or whatever misguided individual or group feels the need to do this should be identifiable through social media or some similar avenue.

Keep your eyes and ears open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Do you think there will be any plans to restrict access as a result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Riamfada wrote: »
    Do you think there will be any plans to restrict access as a result?

It would be a shame if they do,but I don't think restricting access is going to matter a great deal.If these individuals(the vandals) want to return,they'll get in there some way.How do you keep the undesirables out?I can't see the OPW putting up high fencing there - you saw what happened during the construction of the M50.Short of having a security company patrol the area at night,what more can be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

To me this is disgusting behaviour obviously by somebody not quiet right in the head..however is there a difference between this act and the recent vandalism at coolbanagher castle?

Advertisement