Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair and makeup question

Options
  • 30-05-2014 3:02pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did you have you and your bridemaids' hair done at home/on-site, or at the salon? The place I want to book are charging an absolutely extortionate call-out charge, and I live less than a kilometre from the salon. We could easily go there but I feel it would be way more stressful and would spoil the atmosphere a bit. I'd love to hear other peoples' experiences of how they did it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

I had similar experience I even went as far as sending the Salon a link to the Google Maps showin it was 1minute away but that was their price in the end I went with a mobile MUA as this was obv included in her price. I don't know if this is an option for you but might be something worth looking at,

I am the same about wanting someone to come out to the hotel etc to get ready just too keep the wedding fun constrained today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I paid the extra price for getting the hair stylist and the MUA to my hotel. Personally, I found it far less stressful and more relaxing. Originally, I was to go the salon and then discovered they wouldn't open until 9.30. I had three bridesmaids so time wise, this was just not going to suit.

I would recommend getting ready at home or in the hotel, as you can potter about and do whatever and there is no worrying about times etc.. I had a lovely chilled out time in the hotel with everyone getting ready. It helped my nerves hugely!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What kind of prices did you pay for the callouts? Just wondering now if the one I've been quoted is the going rate, or above it.

It's 100% preferable to get ready at home for me!

It was 250 for the four of us for hair and 300 for makeup for five people. Pricey, but totally worth it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Interesting, thanks Pang. Was that with one hair stylist and one MUA for all of you?

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Interesting, thanks Pang. Was that with one hair stylist and one MUA for all of you?

Yup, one of each. It was roughly 40 minutes per person for hair and 20-30 minutes for makeup. The hair stylist came at 8.30 and the MUA at 9.15 and it worked out perfectly. Everyone was ready with plenty of time to spare.

Advertisement