Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc 6/10

Options
  • 30-05-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys. Is it possible to self monitor the hkc 6/10 panel? We currently have a sw 4-8 dialler installed in the panel but we don't require a monitoring company at the mo. Help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

No the 6/10 system could only contact a monitoring station, get onto an installer, your options are either a PCB replacement using a HKC 8/12 with a digital communicator which will function with an analogue Eircom type line or else go the whole hog and replace the whole panel and keypad with something like a HKC 10/70.

The advantage of the 10/70 is it is the current product on release therefore has all the bells and whistles and just in case you have a UPC line then this unit can send out voice activations instead of text.

Again any reputable registered installer will happily help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

DLES wrote: »
    Hi guys. Is it possible to self monitor the hkc 6/10 panel? We currently have a sw 4-8 dialler installed in the panel but we don't require a monitoring company at the mo. Help is greatly appreciated.

You could also add a voice dialer to the system triggered off the outputs.
    Saves replacing the whole system if you are not having any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DLES

altor wrote: »
    You could also add a voice dialer to the system triggered off the outputs.
    Saves replacing the whole system if you are not having any issues with it.

Hi Altor, thanks for the advice. Went down this route and have installed a pyroneix v2tel voice dialler. After a bit of figuring out I got the dialler to call me when the output of the alarm is triggered. Is it possible to use the voice dialler to reset the intruder alarm using its outputs or is that a step too far? ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Dles my apologies a voice dialler did not even enter my head, well done on getting it going.

When you say you want it to reset, do you mean when the alarm activates you then want it to stop activating? As in it might only activate for a few seconds.

Hi Altor, thanks for the advice. Went down this route and have installed a pyroneix v2tel voice dialler. After a bit of figuring out I got the dialler to call me when the output of the alarm is triggered. Is it possible to use the voice dialler to reset the intruder alarm using its outputs or is that a step too far? ðŸ˜႒

As far as I know you would need the GSM version to set an arm/disarm zone to allow remote rest of the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DLES

kub wrote: »
    Dles my apologies a voice dialler did not even enter my head, well done on getting it going.

When you say you want it to reset, do you mean when the alarm activates you then want it to stop activating? As in it might only activate for a few seconds.

Thanks Kub. Had to scratch the head when programming it, but other than that it was ok. Basically I was wondering if I can silence the intruder alarm remotely using a output of the dialler or will the alarm keep ringing.

Thanks Kub. Had to scratch the head when programming it, but other than that it was ok. Basically I was wondering if I can silence the intruder alarm remotely using a output of the dialler or will the alarm keep ringing.

If you have engineer access to the alarm you can lower the time on the bells so they switch off.

Advertisement