Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Advice

Options
  • 30-05-2014 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys. I build my first PC a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't afford a GPU at the time.
    My specs are:
    Intel Core i5-4670K Box, LGA1150
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance PC3-14900U CL9
    ASUS Z87-PLUS (C2)
    Fractal Design Integra R2 650W
    Zalman Z3-Plus Midi-Tower
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD
    Win 7 x64

The board has 2 PCIe 3 slots
    The PSU has 2x 6+2 connectors
    My budget is around €200.00

The main reason why I'm dithering over this, instead of just going with a
    R9 270 or a GTX 660, is that I'm unlikely to upgrade again in the next 5 or 6 years, and was wondering would these still pass the recommended specs (as opposed to minimum) for games at that time. At the moment, I play Skyrim exclusively (on xbox), but that doesn't mean that won't change. If Bethesda comes out with a new TES game, I'd certainly be interested.

My main interest at the moment is to mod Skyrim on my PC. (And do some virtualization; I'll throw in some more RAM for that)

I would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

Msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is €195 delivered. Good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Thanks, guys, will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Just my 2 cents, I've a 270 with a moderate overclock running a fairly heavily modded skyrim just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Could also get a 7870xt sapphire card. Its the older version of the 270r and it overclocks well too.
    playing skyrim at max with a ton of mods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Not too up to knowledge with the 280 but its that or the 760.

Advertisement