Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odin v4.38

Options
  • 30-05-2014 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I am in process flashing my rooted Samsung Galaxy mini, but I seem to need Odin v4.38 to install CWM prior to flashing.... but I dont find Odin anywhere, or at least I cannot find a clean version.... anyone have that fine? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I am in process flashing my rooted Samsung Galaxy mini, but I seem to need Odin v4.38 to install CWM prior to flashing.... but I dont find Odin anywhere, or at least I cannot find a clean version.... anyone have that fine? Cheers

Easier way. On your phone, Google and download latest version of framaroot from xda developers. Install that and you're rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Cheers, the phone is rooted already. I wanted to flash a new ROM onto it.
    hallo dare wrote: »
    Easier way. On your phone, Google and download latest version of framaroot from xda developers. Install that and you're rooted.

Cheers, the phone is rooted already. I wanted to flash a new ROM onto it.

Then you're half way there. Download CWM from the play store and download the rom to your phone, (don't unzip it) and through CWM you can flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

But make sure to use CWM's backup feature first!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Cheers, managed to get Odin working, installed CWM, then flashed the ROM and updated google apps - working fine now. One of the issues with this phone is the low internal memory, so I swapped a partitioned 8GB SD card into it and installed Link2SD App to manage the space....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Hallo Dare, thanks for framaroot. Removed over 100 bloatware' from s2,zinging better than new.

Alan70 wrote: »
    Hallo Dare, thanks for framaroot. Removed over 100 bloatware' from s2,zinging better than new.

Excellent stuff. Can't beat the auld bit of rooting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Hmm.

I thought this was all going to be so easy, but I seem to be getting lost in levels of technology beyond me. I'm trying to load this here firmware/ROM/thing - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=10525 - onto my Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5369. It's an ex-Vodafone phone which has been unlocked. That's the only modification to date. No rooting, no flashing of anything with anything else. Another post elsewhere on boards said that this image will work with this phone and get rid of all the Vodafone packages.

Right now I'm stuck with the phone not being recognised when I plug it into the USB in download mode, although I downloaded & installed the latest kies & usb drivers from Samsung today.

I'm using Odin 3.09 because that's what sammobile.com said to use. Should I stick with that, or use 4.38 as referenced in this thread or is that only for different devices?

Before I expend huge amounts of time trying to iron out the USB issue, am I missing something like "you need to have rooted it first, then downgraded, then upgraded, then un-rooted it, then complied WER 3.4 with DRS 17.2 support and . . . and . . ." or is it really as simple as sammobile.com says? The only modification to date has been to unlock the phone from Vodafone.

z

Advertisement