Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career & college course help?!!

Options
  • 30-05-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi I'm doing my leaving cert next week and I still don't know what to put on my cao. Is there anyone else out there in the same position as me? If anyone can help me in any way I would appreciate it so much, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

What are your interests and hobbies in? What subjects do you prefer in school? Would you like to be a something once you finish your course or would you rather do something general like arts or science? Answering those questions might be a good place to start! Qualifax has a kind of interest assessment quiz that could give you some ideas also!! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meow7

thanks for the reply!:) my hobbies and interests would mostly be around sport. well construction and ag would be 2 of my strongest subjects, followed by dcg, i think myself i did good enough projects in them. After that im not really interested in the other subjects. thats the thing i dont really know? il have a look at that now! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

I used process of elimination to work out what courses i wanted. I just went through the CAO booklet and scribbled out anything I had absolutely no interest in and eventually I was left with 25 odd courses or so. It's a really difficult decision and it takes time!! The CAO doesn't close until the end of June so you can always sit down and spend some time figuring it out after the exams :)

Advertisement