Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisis of Confidence- Chinos!

Options
  • 29-05-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

So I bought a pair of chinos today in Jack and Jones, these are the chinos in question: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Jones-Dale-Colin-Chinos/dp/B00EG1S2CC

I thought they were quite nice, though since the purchase I've received some stinging criticism from my family regarding them (they are the only people to see them thus far.) The criticism is mainly centered around the gold colour and because they are quite shiny. Now my family aren't exactly bastions of fashion knowledge but it has put a bit of doubt in my mind. So my first question is what would be your thoughts on somewhat shiny dull gold chinos?

My second question is what kind of shoes could you wear with these chinos? I've quickly realised my red canvas shoes clash horribly with them, any tips types of shoes that would go well with these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They are black right? I don't see anything remotely gold about them?? Just looks like your average pair of pants to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

anna080 wrote: »
    They are black right? I don't see anything remotely gold about them?? Just looks like your average pair of pants to me..

No it's the dull gold ones. It's tough to see it in the picture admittedly but there is definitely a bit of shine in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I know nothing about fashion, but if it was me I'd go with brown shoes. I have a bit of fondness for brown runners that don't exactly look like runners.

I'm thinking a kind of brown suede shoe thats a darker brown than the pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No it's the dull gold ones. It's tough to see it in the picture admittedly but there is definitely a bit of shine in them.

Oh yes I see now I was looking at the wrong image. I'm going to go against what others have said and argue that brown runner type shoes may make it look kind of old manish.. To keep the look young how about dark maroon vans or dark navy ones? I like the pants I think they're quite nice!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice everyone, I've ended up getting a nice pair of Red Herring brown suede shoes, when I get home and when I figure out how to post pictures on Boards I'll show you the result of the jeans/shoes mix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

When I saw the word chinos I was imagining your classic daddy/teacher chino. (which are fine as a look for a specific purpose I.e to look classic)

But these are a modern very in fashion skinnyish type of chino.

Very nice.

Advertisement