Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best test for early testing?

Options
  • 29-05-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling that I might be pregnant because my breasts are super sensitive just like on my last two pregnancies.

My period isn't due for 7 days though. Which early pregnancy tests would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I have a feeling that I might be pregnant because my breasts are super sensitive just like on my last two pregnancies.

My period isn't due for 7 days though. Which early pregnancy tests would you recommend?

I found the first response worked for me about 3 days before my period was due. The doctors test came up negative when my period was one day late!
    Use your first morning urine as that has the most hgc levels as far as I know..
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I bought Dunne's own brand on my second and ot showed up yet doctors didn't.. Also lunch Time test was darker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

First response but try to give it a few more days if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I used the tesco ones and found them very good. Nice and cheap too if your planning on testing a few times p. stay away from any of the ones that use blue dye as they are known to give false positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Dolbert wrote: »
    First response but try to give it a few more days if you can.

Do you know when they work from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Up to 6 days before your period is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Do you know when they work from?

They can work from up to 6 days before but you're much more likely to get a reliable result say 3 days before. Just to save your sanity, as if you get a negative result it could just be that it's too early and you still might have to end up waiting to test anyway. Plus those things ain't cheap!

Found this list on another forum re the sensitivity of different brands:

First Response Early Result - 12.5 mIU
    Tesco Own Brand - 25 mIU
    Boots Own Brand - 50 mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50 mIU

Surprising about the Clearblue and Boots ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Dolbert wrote: »
    They can work from up to 6 days before but you're much more likely to get a reliable result say 3 days before. Just to save your sanity, as if you get a negative result it could just be that it's too early and you still might have to end up waiting to test anyway. Plus those things ain't cheap!

Found this list on another forum re the sensitivity of different brands:

First Response Early Result - 12.5 mIU
    Tesco Own Brand - 25 mIU
    Boots Own Brand - 50 mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50 mIU

Surprising about the Clearblue and Boots ones!

The ones you get two for €1.49 in Dealz are 20 mlU! Not quite as sensitive as FR, but a lot cheaper.

The ones you get two for €1.49 in Dealz are 20 mlU! Not quite as sensitive as FR, but a lot cheaper.

I used about 5 of them and they didn't work ! Although it was very early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    I used about 5 of them and they didn't work ! Although it was very early.

They didn't work, or they were negative?

Did you do other tests using the same urine sample on the same day that were positive? Which brands, if so?

• Advertisement

They didn't work, or they were negative?

Did you do other tests using the same urine sample on the same day that were positive? Which brands, if so?

They came up as negative maybe 4 days before period was due... I was very impatient!
    The first response one came up positive but I think it would have been the following day I used that!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

I got a negative, first thing in the morning using a clear blue (non digital). I am now 2 days late though which is very unlike me, I'm normally clockwork. Do you guys think there may still be a possibility? I think I got a positive after 2 days on my first, used a tesco one in the evening.
    I may just be clutching at straws but really would love it :)

poconnor16 wrote: »
    I got a negative, first thing in the morning using a clear blue (non digital). I am now 2 days late though which is very unlike me, I'm normally clockwork. Do you guys think there may still be a possibility? I think I got a positive after 2 days on my first, used a tesco one in the evening.
    I may just be clutching at straws but really would love it :)[/quotes
    Yeah I got two false negatives before I got my positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

The Dealz ones confirmed my current pregnancy two days before my period was due. There's two kinds - the one in plastic, and the dippy strips. I've used both, both work absolutely fine but I find that the dippy sticks are a bit handier, as I found the plastic "window" hard to see through on the other ones.
    I confirmed with a ClearBlue Digital the day I was due (I felt implantation so I knew I had waited long enough :D )

Advertisement