Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help reading a care label!

Options
  • 29-05-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

ok, so I picked this jacket up 2nd hand a while ago and it fits me pretty well, and I'm trying to figure out what size it is! This is the only label I can find- do you reckon this is a 44s? It's about the only bit of the label I can see that has anything approaching a size on it. I'm thinking of buying a new blazer online and was hoping I could use this jacket as a guide.

308947.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Is that a German label?

I know that sometimes coats can give measurements in shoulder (cm).

I don't speak German, but used google translate for the word shoulder and it says : "Schulter"

Might ST 47 be shorthand for shoulder 47cm?

The 44s part makes sense too though - 44cm chest, short length.

Could be: shoulder 47cm (18.5 inch shoulder) Think shoulder is more often given in inches.
    chest 44cm
    length short ?

I don't know if I'm being much help, just giving it a shot. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It is German but I am not sure about the size. European 44 would be Small and UK 34. Only you know if any of it matches your usual sise.

Anyway if you are buying a proper blazer it might be good to measure yourself and follow the manufacturer's charts. They are never universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Baumwolle would suggest it was made in Germany.

44S would seem to make sense though that's usually an imperial measurement (44 inches) rather than metric which I would expect a German manufacturer to use. Additionally, 44 would be a regular sizing for mens jackets if this is what the OP has purchased.

That said, if it's a second hand item it could well be from a time when metric measurements weren't used and/or the garment was manufactured with the intention of exporting to a market such as Ireland, where inches are still used regularly.

OP, my guess would be that 44S is indeed the measurement as you suggested. If it's close to your normal size then you can make a judgement call based on the fit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks guys. I was just getting really curious! I don't think it's a terribly vintage jacket, which is why I assumed the 44s was the sizing. I'll go and try more jackets in regular shops, I just kinda though if I could figure it out from a jacket I already like...

Thanks for the help folks!

Advertisement