Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom Floor finally finished

Options
  • 29-05-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

after lots of sanding, cleaning, 3 coats of dark oak stain and then 3 coats of polyurethane clear varnish on top I have finally finished the bedroom floor and got the new skirtings on last night and painted...
    Have to say it turned out a lot better than I imagined but it was worth the pain in time to move back in for the bank holiday weekend

Also, on advice from a painter/decorator friend of mine, we went for Colortrend French white satinwood paint on the wardrobe doors and skirtings and also did the architraves and doors aswell in same colour. Its a really nice finish and I have already painted the skirtings in the main bathroom with this paint as I really like it. What do you think?

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It looks great. Your hard work was worth it.
    You should be proud!

Have you banned wearing shoes from the room now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

Well done looks fantastic fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Addle wrote: »
    It looks great. Your hard work was worth it.
    You should be proud!

Have you banned wearing shoes from the room now?

trust me if I got that far to the bedroom wearing shoes I'd be lucky :D

Advertisement