Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

standard contact and standard hkc shock only on astec 49dv

Options
  • 29-05-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Anyone know if it's possible to change out a faulty astec entry contact for a 49dv with either a standard contact or standard shock only

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A standard shock sensor will work fine. Series in the tamer & the zone on the same pair. To use a standard contact you will need to wire a 680 ohm resistor across the contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 milmann

KoolKid wrote: »
    A standard shock sensor will work fine. Series in the tamer & the zone on the same pair. To use a standard contact you will need to wire a 680 ohm resistor across the contact.

Will I still get my entry exit time with the standard shock if it gets a knock

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No
    You will need a contact with 2 680ohms in parallel across a contact on the front door. You will also need to ensure the sensor on that door is programmed as access.

No
    You will need a contact with 2 680ohms in parallel across a contact on the front door. You will also need to ensure the sensor on that door is programmed as access.

Grand job save changing the whole system at the min think I'll get few squid together and change down the road just for future ref will point ids work with the current sensors or am I better off just swapping everything for shocks on dual eol

Stay away from point ID is my advice. I , personally have found them more hassle than they are worth. They wont work on this system anyway.
    If you are looking at upgrading the GSD i70 lets you use your existing Astec zone while giving you the benefit of changing entire zones to standard & having wireless as well.

• Advertisement

Stay away from point ID is my advice. I , personally have found them more hassle than they are worth. They wont work on this system anyway.
    If you are looking at upgrading the lets you use your existing Astec zone while giving you the benefit of changing entire zones to standard & having wireless as well.

Have you had much to do with the 10/70 panel was thinking of moving over to hkc and doing away with the astec have worked on the 8/12 just wondering if the 10/70 as handy to get around menu wise

Nothing wrong with that panel and the programming would be very similar to the 8/12 etc.

Nothing wrong with that panel and the programming would be very similar to the 8/12 etc.

Thanks for the dig out and just to be Sure standard contact with 2 680 ohm resistors in parallel not series across the Reed

Yes , for entry exit contact its 2 680 ohms in parallel across the reed only.
    (ie 340 ohms)

Yes , for entry exit contact its 2 680 ohms in parallel across the reed only.
    (ie 340 ohms)

Sound out!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement