Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Bloom money off bargains other than €2?

Options
  • 29-05-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Any Bloom money off bargains other than €2?. Please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Any Bloom money off bargains other than €2?. Please?
    Don't think that's a bargain anyway, as you have to go through TM, and they charge €2.45. So in effect, its dearer to get you "advance" tickets as opposed to queuing. Unless I'm missing something :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dodzy wrote: »
    Don't think that's a bargain anyway, as you have to go through TM, and they charge €2.45. So in effect, its dearer to get you "advance" tickets as opposed to queuing. Unless I'm missing something :eek:

the online tickets are 2 quid cheaper than the gate. Taking another two quid off and adding 2.45 means they are still a bit cheaper online. Such an overpriced event.

sweetie wrote: »
    the online tickets are 2 quid cheaper than the gate. Taking another two quid off and adding 2.45 means they are still a bit cheaper online. Such an overpriced event.
    That other 2 quid off sweetie, where are you getting that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

There's a couple of 2e discount codes floating around for online bookings. IRS14 I think is one of them

There's a couple of 2e discount codes floating around for online bookings. IRS14 I think is one of them
    Ah yeah, seen that. We were just discussing the deceiving ads which are running suggesting that you can book in advance and save 2€ on gate prices with no queuing. They conveniently fail to mention that you end up paying 45c more for the privilege when you include the TM booking fee .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it worth going to this year?? i.e. anything new?

or is it still the same old same old?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you can get tanked on free booze, as long as you're not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

We went this year and found the show gardens very disappointing. They all looked the same as each other and last year. Do t think I'd go back next year unless they bring back the 2for 1 offer they had last year or dramatically reduce the price of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I went with my parents and we were all disappointed by it all from the cost of entry to the quality of the gardens. We wouldn't go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Any chance you could get in for free on the last day if you arrive late? (after lunch) ...like they do at the plouging sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

garbeth wrote: »
    We went this year and found the show gardens very disappointing. They all looked the same as each other and last year. Do t think I'd go back next year unless they bring back the 2for 1 offer they had last year or dramatically reduce the price of tickets

I thought the show gardens were quite disappointing too. The Tayto one and the Cape Cod beach one were great, but the rest of them were kinda meh.

The Woodies one seems to be the same thing over and over....low hedges, lots of lupins and hostas, small garden "rooms" and the usual tiny circular plots of lawn and paved areas with 2 seater bistro tables set out. It's always the same every year. I find their lack of originality surprising, considering their high profile and the amount of money & expertise they have at their disposal. Maybe they are intentionally playing it safe & are intentionally keeping their garden simple, to show that having a nice garden is attainable for the average suburban gardener. But it doesn't make it look terribly interesting or cutting edge to the Bloom punter who coughed up 20 quid for their ticket.

The only show garden with any real WOW factor, was the Tayto garden. It was the only one that made you think that it alone was worth the admittance price. Naturally, it failed to win the Gold. God knows why. I bet the judges thought that it was too showy. How very Irish ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Yep, worked for me. €36 instead of €40, every little helps.
    It is steep, but if you make the most of it, get there early, you will get the max from it. Its only once a year, and costs less than a theme park or other family acitvities. We all love it, but yes would love it more for a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Naturally, it failed to win the Gold. God knows why. I bet the judges thought that it was too showy. How very Irish ! :rolleyes:

There was a lot of complaints among the exhibitors that I was talking too about the judging. It seemed to be fairly inconsistent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i'm surprised no one mentioned the €5 parking fee :cool:

thought that the €20 entrance fee would have covered that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

philstar wrote: »
    i'm surprised no one mentioned the €5 parking fee :cool:

thought that the €20 entrance fee would have covered that:(

Was that the first year you had to pay parking? I don't remember past year. Thankfully I didn't go this year, fiver to park is a joke and should be included in the 20 admission charge

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

No we had to pay last year in fairness you could use public transport with a free shuttle from heuston station also if you had a cie ticket you got €2 off the entrance

Advertisement