Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual sim 630

Options
  • 29-05-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where would be best bet to get one when it becomes available. Living between two countries so dual sim would be handy. Any other dual sim windows phones in the pipeline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

fits wrote: »
    Anyone know where would be best bet to get one when it becomes available. Living between two countries so dual sim would be handy. Any other dual sim windows phones in the pipeline?

I thought I read last week that O2 would be getting these first in Ireland.

Yep - here's the link - http://nokianewsireland.com/2014/05/24/the-nokia-lumia-630-on-sale-next-week-in-ireland-with-o2-ireland-nokia-ireland/.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

PaulieC wrote: »
    I thought I read last week that O2 would be getting these first in Ireland.

Yep - here's the link - http://nokianewsireland.com/2014/05/24/the-nokia-lumia-630-on-sale-next-week-in-ireland-with-o2-ireland-nokia-ireland/.

im on Vodafone and unwilling to change. Would prefer to buy unlocked and no contract. ( can you even lock a dual sim... Kinda pointless)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Not all 630 models have dual sim. I'm guess O2 will stock the single SIM version

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/02/glowing-performance-nokia-lumia-630-nokia-lumia-635/

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

long_b wrote: »
    Not all 630 models have dual sim. I'm guess O2 will stock the single SIM version

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/02/glowing-performance-nokia-lumia-630-nokia-lumia-635/

Same here unless I hear otherwise, the dual SIM version will be for 'developing markets' only.

Its on amazon.de at least...

Hope I can get my hands on one.

• Advertisement

Are there any major drawbacks to buying on amazon.de?

Nokia guarantee is Europe wide.

You just need to make sure, if it's a third party seller, that they're not selling Asian sourced handsets as they won't be covered by warranty here.

But sure how amazon.de are for returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Are there any major drawbacks to buying on amazon.de?

No, same Amazon experience. From my experience using Amazon.de for phones, just be aware you'll most likely get a 'Euro plug' on your charger.. and not a UK/IRL plug.

I just tried and they won't post to Ireland, or Finland unfortunately. Back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I just tried and they won't post to Ireland, or Finland unfortunately. Back to square one.

Will they send to the UK/NI? Could use Parcel Motel the rest of the way.

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Will they send to the UK/NI? Could use Parcel Motel the rest of the way.

nope. Tried that too with old UK address.

nope. Tried that too with old UK address.

Pretty sure a mate in UK got stuff sent from amazon.fr if that's any good to you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Did you get an further with sourcing a dual sim?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

beauf wrote: »
    Did you get an further with sourcing a dual sim?

Price drop on Black model:> http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00JVL2X1I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Parcel Motel:
    €142.56 + €5.66 p&p + €3.50 = €151.72 with Parcel Motel

DHL
    €146.12 + €7.84 p&p = €153.96 delivered to Ireland directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Thanks for the update.

I gave up on it! 3 year old omnia 7 is totally past it though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I gave up on it!

For what?

For nothing. Was planning a trip to helsinki and was going to ask about it in the Nokia shop there but thats probably off the cards now. Amazon.de appear to be posting them outside of Germany now.

Have two (ancient) phones so it would be handy, but half tempted by the 925 as well.

Advertisement