Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion Advice Needed Urgently! Basic wardrobe essentions... where do I begin???

Options
  • 29-05-2014 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Ive just had a baby and nothing (and I mean NOTHING!) fits me anymore. Looking for some advice on a complete wardrobe makeover and don't know where to begin. I have thrown everything in my wardrobe out and have to start buying all new clothing /footwear/underwear again but I don't know where to begin. What are the absolute essentials I need that will compliment each other and that can be mixed and matched? Im 27 and a size 10 now, im happy at this new bigger size which is why everything has been binned. I dont have a lot of money so penneys would be my shop of choice. All help welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Google capsule wardrobe. There's some nice photo sets on Pinterest that might give you some ideas.

What's your personal style like? Jeans or skirts? Flat shoes or heels? Bare arms or prefer to cover up?

I think some good staples include:

- mid rise skinny jeans in a dark wash
    - a well fitted white shirt
    - a well fitted black blazer
    - converse trainers or similar style
    - nude heels
    - a bright coloured skirt made of a structured material in a style that flatters you
    - a fine knit cardi or sweater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Don't know where you are based but some large shopping centres or department stores do a one hour style consultation - some paid, some free. It might be worth a look at to get an idea of what suits your new body shape and lifestyle.
    BTW - congrats on the new arrival!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 KRRBRO

Thank you both. Im based in Dublin so will try the personal shopper out. Its so hard beginning again I tend to buy bits and pieces but can only wear them with one thing and then it goes with nothing else. Im hopless.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

When you buy a new item of clothes try to think of two or three outfits you can make by pairing it with items you already own.

I try to do this every time. Doesn't always work, sometimes impulse gets the better of me! But it has saved me buying items I would only wear once or twice or buying something that's very similar to an item I already own.

Another think I like to do is look at bloggers Outfit of the Day posts and see what I already own that can make up a similar outfit or inspire me to come up with my own ideas.

Advertisement