Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women only! Pelvic floor/ TVT/ running afterwards

Options
  • 28-05-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

As I said , one for the women. After a lot of deliberation and hoping my wrecked pelvic floor would somehow repair itself, I am scheduled to have a TVT procedure next week.

I really want to get this sorted and be able to drink and run without worrying but I am terrified something will go wrong. Also, I am wondering how long it will take to build up my fitness again. The consultant says I can slowly start running again in two to three weeks though other surgeons apparently say to take it very easy for six weeks.

I am just a middle of the pack , mid 40s plodder but having only got fit in the last few years I don't want to lose the gains I have made.

Anyway, has anyone here had this done? Would you recommend it and how long before you got back to your pre op running pace? Thanks.

Advertisement