Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Sharing no longer working

Options
  • 28-05-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Can anyone provide me some help with this home sharing issue?
    Last week I installed the updates on my iMac for OSK 10.9.3 and iTunes11.2

Ever since home sharing is no longer working. It takes forever to connect to the shared library on my mac from iPhones, iPads and AppleTV. Once connected it will timeout when trying to load a video. On the few rare occasions that it has loaded the video it only works for a few seconds before buffering, and that always time out then.

Ive tried googling it but the only thing Ive found is about the missing /Users folder, which incidentally hasnt affected my iMac.

Hope someone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

dmeehan wrote: »
    Can anyone provide me some help with this home sharing issue?
    Last week I installed the updates on my iMac for OSK 10.9.3 and iTunes11.2

Ever since home sharing is no longer working. It takes forever to connect to the shared library on my mac from iPhones, iPads and AppleTV. Once connected it will timeout when trying to load a video. On the few rare occasions that it has loaded the video it only works for a few seconds before buffering, and that always time out then.

Ive tried googling it but the only thing Ive found is about the missing /Users folder, which incidentally hasnt affected my iMac.

Hope someone can help.

iTunes was updated to 11.2.2 today, try installing it and seeing does it make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Unfortunately upgrading to iTunes 11.2.2 hasnt made any difference

Have you tried all the usual stuff like restarting your iMac, disabling Home Sharing and enabling again. Also make sure there's nothing affecting it on your Mac like a Firewall or Antivirus.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Have you tried all the usual stuff like restarting your iMac, disabling Home Sharing and enabling again. Also make sure there's nothing affecting it on your Mac like a Firewall or Antivirus.
    done all that too and still no luck. here are the steps I took in order:
    1. turn off home sharing in itunes
    2. turn off library sharing under itunes preferences
    3. deauthorize your computer under "store" tab.
    4. quite itunes
    5. restart itunes
    6. authorize your computer
    7. turn on library sharing
    8. turn on home sharing

There is no antivirus and the firewall has an exception for itunes

Next step would be to contact Apple and find out if it's a known bug or not. Seems like a problem on their part.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Next step would be to contact Apple and find out if it's a known bug or not. Seems like a problem on their part.

how do I go about that?

dmeehan wrote: »
    how do I go about that?

Just contact customer service and tell them your problem. Mine is working fine so it's not everybody. Could be a small number though.

Advertisement