Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formal shirts for large necks

Options
  • 28-05-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm a big bloke with a very large neck, bt I'm reasonaby slim. My neck size tends to not be stocked amongst most retailers, and the ones who do stock shirts in my size only tend to stock regular fit or slim fit which tend to look enormous on me.

I'm looking for somewhere that sells shirts for big necks who don't assume big bellies to match. There must be loads of rugby players etc. who have the same problem, but I'm astonished to find that google was fruitless in finding a solution to this problem. I'd really want somewhere that gives me some choices for nice shirts and doesn't require me to take time off work to get something tailor made.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I know it's not exactly what you were askin op but my gf works in a big firm and lots of the guys get shirts made by these guys:

http://www.shirtbyhand.ie/.

You get measured (for free) once and then you can just order and customise online. For someone like yourself who has a non standard size it might be the very thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If we can recommend.....

I took delivery of my first shirt from these ladies http://devilsedgeshirts.com/ last Monday. Was measured up last month, chose fabric, cut etc, they sent the measurements off to their tailor in the Far East. All in for 70 notes. Expensive for a shirt? Probably. Expensive for a bespoke, handmade shirt that fits like a glove? Absolutely not. I have no connection to the company, but I'll definitely be using them again.

Plus, they're good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I'm astonished to find that google was fruitless in finding a solution to this problem. I'd really want somewhere that gives me some choices for nice shirts and doesn't require me to take time off work to get something tailor made.

Any suggestions?

I don't see why you're surprised by this, RTW can only fit an averaged figure. For your body type the only option is bespoke. I would advise against visiting tailors or those who only measure without a trial shirt or mock-up but others in the thread have had good experiences. After that its up to you really.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

ladhrann wrote: »
    I don't see why you're surprised by this, RTW can only fit an averaged figure. For your body type the only option is bespoke. I would advise against visiting tailors or those who only measure without a trial shirt or mock-up but others in the thread have had good experiences. After that its up to you really.

Inclined to agree ... pricier but cant beat the feel of a custom shirt....pure confidence ... 'I look good'

Well worth it for comfort and style

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ivanova

nextshe store is a good one, I always buy clothes from this store, I believe you will find what you want from this store.

• Advertisement
Advertisement