Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS250 Keypad Fault

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Pandemonium today.

I knocked off the power to do some electrical work. As normal the alarm went off. Turn the power back on, alarm continued going off and there is no power to the keypad to key in my code.

I turned alarm fuse off at the mains board and disconnected siren upstairs.

If I turn back on the fuse the alarm goes off but there is no power to the keypad.

I expect it is something to do with the battery being dead.

Any idea how to fix and if I fix will it all need to be reprogrammed.

Thanks

(alarm has been in place for 6 1/2 years)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this an Aritech CS350?
    Find it hard to believe someone installed one of them 6 or 7 years ago.
    Try disconnecting the battery and power up again. Also check the rkp fuse and the keypad connections at the panel (12,13,14,15)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

OK - Good start..... its a CS250.

Will it work with the battery disconnected?

I will have to wait until the morning as the kids all in bed and cant risk another "upset".

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK. I split this from the 350 thread.
    Yes it will power up on the mains only.
    The CS250 has electronic fuses. Check the keypad connections at the panel also.Its terminals 3,4 & 5 from the left.

Advertisement